Guest Blogger #3

December 17, 2011

Good Morning & Happy Saturday to you!
Today is the 3rd day of my 4 day guest posts!
I hope you've been reading a long,
and have enjoyed all their posts (thus far) as much as I have.

Today, I'd like for you to meet Jessie!
She blogs over at I'm A Wife and Mama Now!
If you don't know this girl you should, she is super sweet.
Head over to her blog & say hello :)
Take it away girl!



Hi, I'm Jessie!
I am a wife, mama {to a baby and doggie}, Believer, and old car lover.
The oh so sweet girl Breanna has asked me to do a guest post. So, as I was sitting here debating what to write about, it hit me that I should write about something I have a lot of passion for.
 
Ever since July 24th, 2010  the day that I married my best friend, I have had this passion for marriage. How to succeed at it, how to keep the flame ah-brewin and how to get over those big bad brick walls.
 
I was a "young" bride - 21 to be exact - but man was I ready. I was so in love with Justin and SO in love with the idea of being married, but it was after the wedding day it really hit me we were no longer just boyfriend and girlfriend, but life partners. 
Justin and I grow closer and closer every day. When we were first married we experienced the joy of being newlyweds. Then, 3 months after we said "I do" we found out we were expecting our first child. Going through pregnancy, labor, and delivery with him has helped me to see him in a whole new light. Now watching each other be parents has grown this bond between us that was never there before. We created life. A life that we love more than we ever thought imaginable. Those things that used to seem like such big deals, are little specs of dust now. 
 
Our marriage is no longer just him and me. It's him, me and our son Dominic. He is now a part of this marriage too. Staying together, and being happy is not an option anymore, it is mandatory because Dominic's happiness comes before our own.
So - how do we keep our marriage light, happy, and alive? {Especially with a 6 month old BUSY bouncing baby boy}
 
No matter what, we always say I love you.
{Yeah I know you know I hate it when you throw the towel on the floor, man that really gets under my skin. BUT, I love you... still.}
We don't just say I love you, but we give reasons too, as shown in this fabulous pinterest idea here:
Pinned Image
Via
 
We always make sure to laugh together.
{Whether it is at Dominic, one of us tripping and falling on our face, or watching a good movie together}
 
We make sure to turn the TV off and read together.
{Some of our favorite reads: The Love Dare, The Bible, Compassion, and Couples Time a Daily Devotional}
 
We help each other.
{I'll cook dinner if you do the dishes.}
 
We play together.
{Swinging at the park, a board game, or tickling each other so hard we cry.}
 
We travel.
{It doesn't have to be far, even if it is a night at the closest hotel - just get out and have fun}
 
We drink.
{That's right I said it, a couple glasses of wine on a Friday night makes "us" time so much more fun}
 
And lastly, we pray.
{You've all heard it "A couple that prays together, stays together"}
 
Having an extremely happy marriage takes work, BUT it is fun work  - A LOT of fun work. I am in love with being a wife, the idea of Justin being my life partner makes me so happy because, well, HE makes me happy. I don't care what people say, marriage IS fun. And when you hit that brick wall - every now and then - tear it down together, then when it is down grab a glass of wine, sit down with a board game, and laugh together.
 
Well, thank you readers, for reading my non sense post about marriage. I hope you all have a fabulous, fun filled weekend.
And thank you Breanna for letting me be a part of your blog for a day. I just loved stopping by. :-)
 
I loved having you be a part of my blog for the day :)
Don't forget to stop by & show her some love!
<3

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!