Guest Blogger #4 :)

December 18, 2011

Hey, Hey Ladies :)
Happy Sunday!
Today will be the last guest post..
which concludes my 4 day break away from blogging.
I really hope you've enjoyed their posts!
These ladies are all so incredible, and I've loved getting to know them!
I'd like for you to meet Shannon. :)
She is so fun; you'll love her!

Take it away girl!

First off, I must thank sweet Breanna for allowing me to guest blog today. I’m new to the blogging world and am grateful for this fun experience.

So who am I? My name is Shannon and I’m a senior college student from Arizona. I blog over at More to Hollywood. I’m a half marathoner, sister, daughter, friend and girlfriend. My life motto is “live with passion,” and I hope to inspire others to do so as well. Come May, I’ll graduate with a degree in journalism and move on to my next adventure which will involve (cross your fingers) obtaining a master’s degree in postsecondary and higher education. My boyfriend, Ash, is currently applying to medical school in hopes of becoming a pediatric oncologist. He’s a childhood cancer survivor that encourages me to make the best of every situation, everyday.
This is Ash and I in February celebrating our 2-year anniversary.

Christmas time is just around the corner. Each year my family gets in the holiday spirit by continuing our many holiday traditions – my dad refuses to Christmas shop until our family sits down together to watch the original Rudolph movie. Now that I’m older, I’ve become more thankful and in-tune with our always-evolving family traditions. Some come and go, year after year, and there are those that will last for as long as I live.  

Since I can remember, my aunt and uncle have gone over the top with Christmas decorations and lights. Their house has become a “must see” in the Tempe-Chandler area. What I love most about their display isn’t just the beautiful light show, but the fact that it’s become a family attraction for many in Arizona. Each Saturday Santa comes to sit in his sleigh to take pictures with the hundreds of visitors. My aunt serves hot cocoa and cookies, and even takes photos – if visitors leave their email – to send to those who wish to have their picture with Santa. I’m not just saying this because I’m related to them, but I think their tradition is extremely special and unique. Their entire family works together to make their house a Christmas masterpiece. Hello hours of family bonding!
But really, how fun is this?!
*Sorry I don't have photos of their entire house!

Although the holidays are known for maxing out people’s credit cards and exhausting bank accounts, the Christmas spirit should not only be focused on presents but instead on the many memories that are made each year. I am so appreciative of the free and fun events this season brings. When I look back on the holidays over the years, I’m quicker to remember a family joke or event, rather than the present I received- unless of course you’re asking about my American Girl Doll or Sketchers Shoes in elementary school. But truly, I hope each of you make memories this season that last you a lifetime. Whether it is picking out the perfect tree with your loved ones, setting up the nativity scene, going to midnight mass, or taking photos with Santa, enjoy the time with your precious friends and family.

This year I’m starting a tradition of my own. Monday night I’ll host my very first cookie exchange and ugly sweater party with my sorority sisters and best friends. Although my weekend has been crazy enough, with barely enough time for party preparation, I know it will be a fun time with great friends. I’ll have the fire pit going, cookies, drinks and light appetizers… and even entertainment! My talented brothers are going to play guitar and bass so we can sing Christmas carols. Don’t forget to take a peek at my blog Tuesday morning to see how the party goes. 

I hope you all have the best holiday season. Merry Christmas- and soon we’ll be saying “Happy New Year!” 

 Stop by her blog & show her some love! 
NOW :)  

You Might Also Like

2 COMMENTS

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!