Motivate Me Monday :)

December 11, 2011

Photobucket
Hey Guys, this is my first week of linking up with Ashley, Amanda, and Whitney for Motivate Me Monday :)

This weeks challenge is to see how many push-ups you can do throughout the week.
First off, I'd like to start out by saying I've never been one for arm strength. In high school, I was a runner and never did much with my arms other than lifting the bar or maybe a few arm curls here and there. My work outs would consist of leg workouts and running 3 to 7 miles a day up until I got out of high school that is.  As soon as I graduated, I stopped working out altogether. :( I miss it entirely way too much, and I can't seem to motivate myself to run alone. I do, however, use Just Dance as a means of working out. I believe that it does me more good than sitting on my bum doing nothing. You should try it ;)

This is something to think about :)
It's so true!


Back to the push-ups, I, being the whimp I am, can probably do a few good push-ups, than i'm on the ground. I don't know much about arm strength because I know I am far beyond having it, but I do know that for my age I should be able to do a whole lot more than a couple push-ups. I also don't know what it is, but I think my hands are what hurt more than my arms after trying to do push-ups. It could be my small frame trying to support my body weight that is causing my wrists and hands so much pain, which is why I refrain from doing them :) 

A little insight on my nutritional value of soda is don't drink them :) They are truly worthless to your body, and will do you more harm than good! I haven't been drinking carbonated drinks for almost 7 years now, and it is probably one of the greatest changes I've ever made in my life. I have stuck to water, juices, milk, tea, and other alternatives that are much healthier for me.  I may not work out every day or even every week, but I do watch the foods I consume, which ultimately has kept me pretty healthy!



I hope you will join us with your motivational insights :)
& wish me luck as I take my First final today!
Happy Monday Everyone!

You Might Also Like

5 COMMENTS

  1. I like this idea! We should do challenges all the time. Even if someone won't hold you accountable in person, why not get help from friends in blogger! I'll be doing my pushups today after my run!

    Good luck on your finals- I start my 10-page research paper today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! i love the reminder that fat last longer than flavor!!!! thanks for linking up:) i hope your week goes great and good luch with your finals!!
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post and good luck on your final. Man I do not miss those. Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on finals girl! You will rock em! I recently gave up soda and although it hasn't quite even been two weeks I know I can keep up with it. I did it a few years back and was able to keep myself from drinking it for 2 years. This time I think I'm giving it up for good though cuz it's just not good for your body!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok you definitely made me feel guilty for sitting here eating! haha I'm going to go do push ups and sit ups right this second. Today was my first day of finals as well! Hope you do awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!