Unfortunate Christmas Story

December 27, 2011

Hey Ladies! I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas :)
Christmas for me was amazing, yet very unpleasant.
I might as well fill you in on everything today, while I wait until tomorrow to see the Doctor.

Well Christmas started off just like it normally does with the long (1 1/2 hour) drive to my grandparents house. I felt uncomfortable the whole time. I was nauseous and couldn't find the right balance between being hot and cold. I blamed it on the hot chocolate I had basically chugged in an attempt to keep from spilling it all over the car. Once we got to where we were going, I felt better.
Saturday rolled around and my stomach was bothering me for most of the day. The next morning (Christmas morning) I felt fine, everything was back to normal. I had the energy to get up and actually get ready for the Christmas Festivities :)

 However, after eating Christmas dinner, I began to feel like I couldn't breathe. I fought that for a few hours without telling anyone. I just felt that there was a mucus lump in my throat and I couldn't swallow most of the time, which eventually leads up to the climax. I finally told my parents after about 2 hours (it's about 7:00p.m. now), and by this time I was getting way to much oxygen, which caused me to hyperventilate and have a panic attack(we didn't know that at the time). My mom checked me and my palms were clamy and cold, as well as my body convulsing because I was freezing. I also felt light headed, as if I was about to pass out any minute, and on top of that my heart was beating out of my chest basically, so my Nana called the ambulance. Yes I know, an ambulance visit on Christmas.. just the thing I wanted. I thought I was having a heart attack.. it was extremely scary! They showed up, checked my pulse and blood pressure.. They told me that my pulse was 130 and my blood pressure was rather high for my age, but my oxygen levels were at 100%, which was a good sign. I couldn't believe that I was having a panic attack because I have never ever had one in my life, nor has anything this drastic ever happened, especially on Christmas day. I didn't go to the ER because I just really needed to be calmed down, which after a few hours I eventually did.  I tried eating that night too, and I couldn't so I went to bed.

The next morning I woke up at 6:30 and I couldn't bring myself to go back to sleep. I was starving and I knew it, but my body just wouldn't allow me to eat. I tried to eat oatmeal, hot chocolate to try to break up all the congestion in my head, and I wasn't able to get it down. (The week before this I had a little head cold, which probably hasn't been completely treated, and is the reason I am so congested) Later on in the day I was able to eat an orange and some mashed potatos. It's weird but I felt as if it needed to be soft foods or else I wouldn't be able to eat it. Throughout the day I would feel as if I couldn't breathe, but it'd go away just as soon as it started.

Such a strange thing, but it's probably something viral which is the reason I had the panic attack in the first place. I can't wait to go the doctor and see what he says. I still occasionaly feel dizzy and light headed, but it doesn't seem to effect me as much as it had the day before. Just talking about it still makes me shaky and almost brings me to tears.
Please keep me in your prayers!

Here are a few photos of me and a few of my family members before everything happened.
Drying dishes, and Jacob being goofy!
Cousin Bridget :)
My little brother Jacob!
(Who isn't so little anymore)
Christmas Outfit!
Love all them :)
Crazy picture!
Cousin Lindsey!
Little Cousin Robin :)
Cousin Robin & Mykel!

You Might Also Like

12 COMMENTS

  1. Oh my goodness, you poor girl!! Definitely keeping you in my prayers! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your Christmas, hoping you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way scary. I hope everything is okay an dyou start to feel better. I know its hard when you feel that way but dont know how to react.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hate that! :( I'm glad you're OK and hopefully the doctor can give you something to make it all go away. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! hope you feel better and the doctor just says it is something that will pass quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor girl! :( I am so sorry you had such a scary Christmas. I hope you are feeling better and I pray that you will find out what is going on quickly and begin to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're okay and hopefully it doesn't come back & hopefully you can get some answers from the doctor. but even though you weren't feeling the best you still look soo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUCK! Really stinks to be sick at the holidays BUT I am glad that you werent alone:)


    Hope you get some answers when you see the Dr.

    New follower on GFC, Facebook and sent a request on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness :( that is scary! i will keep you in my prayers, and hope you feel better... ill be interested to hear what the doctor says.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that's crazy!!! Ive never had a panic attack before. Hope your feeling better! I'm sick now so that sucks haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you poor thing...nothing like being in an ambulance on Christmas!! I'm glad you're feeling better though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!