All to Him I Owe.

January 12, 2012

I'm Back! :)

I am so excited to finally be back writing my own posts! 
However, I hope you enjoyed all my lovely guest blogger's posts the past week!
Aren't they just fabulous?
I'd like to say thank you to each and everyone of you ladies :)
I'm beyond blessed to have you gals as bloggie friends!

It's unbelievable to me that a week has already flown right past me, but even more unbelievable that school starts on Tuesday! 
I'm torn between excitement and eagerness, yet i'm sad that the break is already over.

Here is a recap of where I've been over the last week

Thursday night I went bowling with a few of my good friends from high school :) It was so great seeing them! They are such a joy to have around, and I am so blessed to have them as friends!
Melanie, Gina, & Jacie :)
Eric turned 21 Sunday :) He didn't get to spend it at the bar like he intended because I got sick and ended up having him take me home :(  I know,  how unfortunate is that? If you remember from my love story, our home towns are 35 minutes apart. That ultimately put a damper on the start of his birthday, but it ended up being great. My mom fixed him a birthday dinner and afterward we celebrated with an ice cream cake! It was delicious! We spent the whole day lazing around just being content with the gift of life. I'd say it was a pretty amazing day :)

The only birthday picture we took :)
I had my GI appointment on Monday! It went well other than not many facts are known about the cause of my symptoms, but we are trying out a few medicines to see if they work. Hopefully, treating for allergies and heart burn will do the trick, although I don't have heart burn? We'll see! Praying that when it comes to my follow up phone call I'll be better so that I can avoid having a scope. 

That night Eric and I decided to hang out with our friends before leaving to go back to Corpus. I felt a little bit better than the previous day so we celebrated Eric's birthday again :) I am so glad we stayed because IT SNOWED :) I absolutely love snow, and for me to get to see it in West Texas, even better! It's a rare occasion that my part of Texas even see's rain so for it to snow... yeah you get the picture!

Kramer, Aaron, Eric, and Riley!

Kramer, Hannah, Me, Aaron, Eric, and Riley!
Isn't Aaron's kitchen Beautiful?

Hannah!
My Love!
Eric with his buds :)

As you may remember reading before I went on this little break, my daily bible reading is going great :) 
I haven't been able to write a post yet on what God has been putting on my heart.
So here it is and I'd like to share with you!

I have gotten all the way to Genesis 32 in 9 days :)
Not bad all, only 356 days left until I finish the entire bible!
I have came across a few stories that I didn't even realize existed.
While others I knew, just simply forgot about!

My Devotional Today was Jesus is Our Pattern!
As I was sitting there thinking about what that meant!
It occurred to me that in order to be fully devoted to transforming my way of life to be more like Christ, I must clear my slate.
By that I mean repent and ask forgiveness.

"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool."
Isaiah 1:18


The snow was God's way of reminding me to start over, to start with a fresh slate.
Not only did it remind me of that, but it made me aware of God's Love and Forgiveness.
He sent his only son, Jesus Christ, to earth where he was crucified and rose again to pay for the debt of our sin! The song Jesus paid it all, is an excellent reminder of this.

Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.


I am ready to start continue this new chapter of my life as a Christ driven woman.
Not only am I forgiven, but I put my Faith into what I cannot see!


"Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him." 
Colossians 3:10 

Jesus is my example, and I will follow!
God is working to make me like Jesus :)






Thankful Thursdays Button



You Might Also Like

32 COMMENTS

  1. LOVE this post.
    1. thats super exciting that you had snow in texas! I'm from new hampshire and we didn't even get any snow over break. sad, i know.
    2. thats so neat that you're reading the bible in a year, and i loved how you tied it in to snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your pictures! You look so beautiful and it looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been busy!! Glad your'e feeling better : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope school has started off well for you! Glad to see you had a great break surrounded with friends! Continue to follow God's path...he has a reason for everything.

    I hope you'll check out my blog, plus a link up called Wish! {out loud} that I hope you'll participate in!

    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so jealous of the snow!! well... kinda! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found your cute blog! now following :)

    love these pictures and scriptures, so sweet!

    XO
    erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time! :) I love how you tied in the snow to scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! The snow looks wonderful!

    I also tagged you in a post!
    http://lifeoftwosokools.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-was-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another God's Girl! Such a sweet post! Have a blessed Thankful Thursday!

    Tänia of Simply God's Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a cutie! :) I am following you now!
    Beautiful post - with a beautiful heart. I've loved seeing all of the photos!!


    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a beautiful post! so thankful He has washed us white as snow... thanks for sharing this today... just what i needed to read. so glad you linked up this week!! {new follower}

    oh, and ps... i used to live in corpus!! well, a LONG time ago... and actually i lived in portland... but usually know one even knows where that is. crazy. small world:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures, Love the snow ones!
    Thank you for sharing your devotional with us this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like you really enjoyed your mini break, which is the best!
    p.s. this post made me really want to go bowling!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. just found your blog and i'm loving it! you are adorable xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! What a great post! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun pictures! All to him I owe - so so true! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. Great post!
    2. Thanks for linking up!
    3. I want that kitchen!!
    4. THANK YOU for "Jesus Paid It All"...it's been stuck in my head for a couple weeks and I couldn't remember the name!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! I just found your blog through the Thursday Mingle blog hop. Your pictures are so lovely! I'm a Christian as well, it's always so awesome to meet other Christ-lovers in blogland! I'm also your newest follower. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing post!

    Thank you for having me a guest blogger, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad youre back!! I missed you!!!

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that song. Such good lyrics to be reminded of!

    Happy birthday to your man. Sounds like you guys had fun! So nice of him to take you all the way home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome post! That is one of my favorite songs EVER:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you had a good weekend! great pictures! Praying that you get a healthy report from your tests!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So happy to see you at THANKFUL THURSDAY. I just loved your pictures and hearing from your beautiful heart! ((blessings))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Breanna,

    Such a sweet post. :-)

    Super pictures of all of you.

    I hope your feeling better.

    Hugs,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time away! though I just wish you were feeling better!

    the pictures of the snow are just awesome, you definitely don't see that in Florida!

    I am also working my way through the Bible in a year!

    <3

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the snow pictures -- so fun looking. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing. Perfect reminder with the huge amount of snow we got last night and this morning.Found you on thoughtful thursday.

    -Nedra
    http://adventuremomblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds like you have tons to be thankful for in life my dear :)

    xo Shane
    shaneprather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!