Guest Post: Amanda [Recipe]

January 04, 2012

Hey Ladies :)
While I'm gone for the next week I have for you guest posts from some lovely ladies!

Today, I'd like for you to meet one of my first bloggie friends, Amanda! She is so sweet and certainly a fun gal to get to know! She has a great blog to go along with her adorable self! Oh did I mention she is a fellow Texan as well? Go check it out & say hi! You won't regret it :) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I'm Amanda and I blog over at For Love of a Cupcake!


I blog about everything happening in my life at the moment! I'm getting married in nine months! E is growing a beard. We have a cockapoo named chloe and getting a bullmastiff pup in March that we will name Tank!

You can always expect lots of goofy moments like these...


Today I want to share an easy yummy recipe!
You can't beat 5 ingredients!

Have you ladies ever heard of Panera Bread??
If you've never been there...it's a MUST!!

This place is one of my favs!

And they have the BEST shortbread cookies ever!
I am seriously OBSESSED with these cookies!
They MELT in your mouth!!!!!

So I was on the hunt for a copy cat recipe! I tried several different recipes...the ones that called for powdered sugar instead of regular sugar were the best!

I FOUND a recipe HERE that tastes just like Panera's!!


Panera's Shortbread Cookies

Ingredients:
  2 sticks butter, room temperature 
2 cups cake flour (you can use all purpose but cake flour makes a much softer cookie)
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Combine all ingredients; use hands or blender on LOW to knead until ingredients are just blended. Roll into a ball, lay down seran wrap, flatten dough out and cover with the wrap. Place in fridge to chill for aboout 20 minutes.


Now flour up your counter and rolling pin so the dough won't stick to it. Roll it out to about 1/2 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to cut out your desired shape! Transfer it to an ungreased baking sheet!

(If you want yours to look just like Panera's...before baking, mark rectangle cookie lines with knife!)

Bake at 325 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Don't over bake!

NOW eat 'em all up!! YUMMO!!!!


Now get to bakin'!!
This is one recipe you MUST try!

Breanna, thank you so much for having me today!

xoxo,
Manda

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks girl for sharing with us your panera shortbread cookie recipe!
I've actually never been to Panera, but unfortunately for me Corpus doesn't have one as of now.
I'll just have to try the recipe to see what all the buzz is about!
Now get over to Amanda's blog and say hi :)

You Might Also Like

10 COMMENTS

  1. The shortbread cookies look amazing. I love Panera so much! I'm definitely going to have to try these even though my baking skills are almost non-existent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh yummmy! what darling cookies!!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! These look super good! Cute pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love panera and i am so excited to try out this recipe! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love panera, this is a great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    Stopping over from Amanda's blog, cannot wait to read more of your lovely blog! New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man you have to try panera as soon as you can. It's a must have! Those cookies look delish!!! I love her blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I love Panera and their Shortbread cookies. They just put in a Panera drive-thru near my house and it is fantastic : )

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!