Guest Post: Ashley [Mini Cupcakes]

January 10, 2012


Today I have Ashley showing you her adorable Christmas present!
She is so crafty and fun!
If you are looking for amazing jewlery, picture frames, or headbands.
Her etsy shop [Early bird accessories] is the place to go :)
Hop on over and say hi!
After reading this of course!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there My Beautiful, Crazy Life readers! Happy New Year and thank you for having me here today. This is my first guest post ever, and I am so glad Breanna has given me the opportunity to be here. I guess I'll start off by introducing myself...I'm Ashley and I blog over at sunshine.life.love. where I blog about things like DIY's, some recipes, my friends, family, boyfriend, and basically life in general. Today I am going to share with you my first experience using a cupcake maker. So sit back, relax, and I hope you enjoy :)

For Christmas I received an adorable cupcake maker from my boyfriends parents and I was thrilled. I absolutely love to bake & couldn't wait to give this bad boy a try.


I gathered up all the needed supplies and experienced a whole lot of firsts from there on out.

It was very interesting only being able to make 7 cupcakes at a time, but the good part was it only took about 5 minutes for each set of 7.

This definitely isn't my first time making cupcakes, but it is my first time using a cupcake maker, and bag frosting. I typically frost my cupcakes the boring way, you know...by sticking a knife into the frosting and spreading it around. I learned a lot during this bag frosting experience, but it was fun non the less.

I bought a coupler set from Michael's. It basically has one piece that goes inside the bag, through a hole and then you place the decorating tip inside of that, then screw on the second piece of the coupler set on the outside. After all that is set up you fill the bag with frosting. Here's where I made my first mistake...I put the frosting in first then realized I should have put the coupler in first...oops! I also used a basic sandwich bag {that was all I had}, and it got two holes before I could even finish frosting the cupcakes, and then by the time I was almost finished frosting, the entire tip of the bag came off where the coupler was screwed on. I laughed, it made a mess, hope you learn from my mistakes if you try this :)

Anyway, here are the cupcakes waiting for their frosting. This isn't even all of them, I think it made about 80 cupcakes with just one box of cake mix, that's a lot!

Here they are after I finished frosting them and added some sprinkles :)

Here's a picture to give you an idea of just how small these cute little things came out!

In my opinion they turned out so cute. They are perfectly bite sized and I think they would make the perfect treat at a little kids birthday party. So mother's if you're reading this and you still have little ones, keep this awesome invention in mind when you throw a birthday party for your child. It's the perfect size for little hands!

I hope you all enjoyed reading about my experience using a cupcake maker. I think it's awesome {and nope they didn't pay me to say that}. Please feel free to stop by my blog anytime and say hello, I love seeing new faces around! Thanks again Breanna and followers for having me today!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Ashley for sharing these adorable little cupcakes!
I actually got one myself for Christmas & I am in love with it!
Now get on over to her blog :)
You won't regret it!

You Might Also Like

7 COMMENTS

  1. Aww those are cute! Now I'm going to have to run out & buy one!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! :)

    The cupcakes look delicious. It looks like I need to get me one of these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to buy this contraption immediately because i just ADORE cupcakes so very much!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! If I liked cupcakes, I would so buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my those are so cute and look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I wouldn't do for about a dozen of those right now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!