Guest Post: Kristine [Online Dating]

January 07, 2012

Before I get to Kristine's guest post I would like to wish my sweet boyfriend a very Happy Birthday!
You are such a blessing to me and I couldn't be more happier that God has lead me to you!
I hope you enjoy every minute of it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meet Kristine! :)
 She has been a blogger friend of mine since I first started blogging! 
She's a fun gal that always has something interesting to say!
If you don't know her already, visit her blog & say Hi!

Take it away girl!


Hey guys!  I'm Kristine and I write over at "The Best is Yet to Come." I've been blogging for over 2 years now and I've never done a guest post before so this is really exciting.  I decided to share with you an experience that most people can find relatable...dating!  Oh dating, it can be a wonderful experience but it usually takes a hair pulling process to get there.  When I moved to Arizona 2 years ago, I didn't really know how I would ever get "out there".  After much debate, I decided to try out online dating. 

Here are the things that bother me with online dating profiles...Enjoy!

1. What's with the one picture? It is 2012 and you only have one available pic to put on your profile? What's with the stunna shades? Or how about the picture of you at a distance so we can hardly make out your face? Someone is obviously unattractive. Come on fellas, we women know that looks mean something to you. Which is why we go to such extent to make ourselves appealing to the opposite sex. Guess what? Looks mean something to us too. Maybe we won't be as picky in certain areas, but we'd like to know we aren't talking to our version of chubaka. Step your picture game up because you aren't an exception.

2. Sending a "Hey, what's up?" message, is not going to get my interest. You could fit every possible criteria but if you can't figure out a way to talk to me, ask me questions, point out something interesting in my profile, a stupid joke...anything, then DELETE. Don't you hate it when you're talking to a guy/girl and you feel like you are sweating bullets, pulling their teeth, trying to have a conversation? I hate when I am always the one asking questions, trying to get to know you and you can't even end your one worded answer with a "How about you?". So What's up? Not much.

3. If you send me a message and I don't reply, don't send me another message stating that you saw I read your message or saw your profile and now you want to know why I haven't said anything. Um...maybe because I'm not interested? And don't try and make me feel bad and tell me that the least I can do is say "Thank you" after you've passed a compliment. You know what, I am flattered and if you said that to me in person, I would thank you. But by sending you a message with just to say that, will give you the impression that I am interested...and I'm not. The end. Harass someone else now.

4. If my profile says I am looking for a man between the ages of 24-29 and you are 41, don't send me a message. Clearly you either cannot read or you chose to ignore my profile altogether and decided to "give it a shot". I have no problems dating an older man but I'm not interested in dating my dad's bestie.

5. Again, if it says I'm looking for someone who lives (at max) 35 miles away, don't message me if you live in Kansas. I'm lonely but I'm not desperate. Stick to your town.


I hope you enjoyed my list of annoyances!  I'm not going to lie, I never actually got as far as texting someone from the online world.  This is due to the fact that I actually met a wonderful man that I am still with.  So lucky for me I didn't have to deal with weeding out those stupid profiles for very long.  Those who are going through this process, you go girl!  Dating ain't easy and I'm rooting for you! 

Thanks so much for reading my post & I hope you enjoyed it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Kristine for sharing your experiences with Online Dating!
I've never personally been there, other than facebook!
Which I guess would still constitute as online dating.
Oh technology now days!

Get on over to Kristine's blog & show her some love!

You Might Also Like

4 COMMENTS

  1. I like this post! I did online dating and can relate to the crazy weeding out process.

    BUT, I did meet my AMAZING boyfriend on match.com so to all of those who think its hopeless - don't give up just yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh online dating!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I am now following. Awesome blog you have.

    Check out mines
    http://nmephotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha so cute! Loved her guest post! Oh and those cookies for your boyfriend are adorable! I hope you guys had a wonderful tine together!


    ---Nichole

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!