Mardi Gras Weekend

February 20, 2012


Were you aware it was Mardi Gras last weekend?
I definitely wasn't especially when plans were being made to spend it on 6th Street.
For those of you who don't know what 6th street is..
It's a street in down town Austin full of bars, restuarants, and shops.
It actually reminds me of Bourbon street in Lousianna except for not that extreme, but close to it.
Eric & I experienced 6th street first hand while celebrating a friend's 21st along with Mardi Gras.
It was so much fun walking around being part of such a huge celebration.
 They even shut down the street, but that always happens on the weekends, or so I hear.
It was quite the night full of strange people & alcohol.
Not for me though, who is underage these days?



You might be wondering what's the deal with Aussie Ben?
Well it's one of our friend's cousin who is an Austrailian.
He was down visiting and joined us for the festivities.
Needless to say woman were all over him.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mardi Gras Weekend :)


You Might Also Like

11 COMMENTS

  1. I totally didn't even realize it was already Mardi Gras time until the other day! I know Fat Tuesday is tomorrow, which seems early, but maybe it's always this time of year and the time is just flying?! Who knows. Looks like a fun weekend either way, girl. Happy Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend!
    Thanks again for all your blog help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had funnn!! I was definitely a loser and did nothing this weekend :/ 6th street is alwaayyyyss crazy lol I'm sure you had fun just people watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw.. 6th street.. I love Austin!! Looks like you had a great time. I had no idea it was Mardi Gras? I thought it was always in May.. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I'm a horrible New Orleans native. I didn't even realize it was Mardi Gras!

    I love 6th street! I celebrated my 21st there! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fun weekend!! Thank you so much for linking up to the blog hop!! Wishing you all the best in your bloggy endeavors. Already a follower :)

    Kelly
    www.livelaughrowe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! :) Aussie Ben is TALL! You are so cute and I love the picture of you and your "Love Bird!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aussie Ben looks just like one of my friends from college. I had to do a double take!
    Looks like a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I wish we had a big Mardi Gras celebration where we live! Sounds like you guys had a great night and you all looked fabulous! :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agh awesome! I've never heard of 6th street before. If I ever go to Austin, I'll be sure to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great weekend!! totally forgot it was even mardi gras, ha
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!