...Miscellany Monday

February 05, 2012


I know this is the same post I had up yesterday!
However, it is extremely important to me that I get as much feedback as possible.
I am in dire need of a new skin care routine.
So please suggest away :)
For those who have already suggested, I am so appreciative.
You girls are amazing!
Thanks again!



"I have suffered lived with acne since well the beginning of high school, maybe even before that!
I would wear make up constantly in an effort to hide it.
but than it got to a point where I just didn't care..
I didn't care what you thought of me..
or how I looked..

It's getting considerably better the older I get.
However, there are still the occasional blemishes here and there.
But the worst part is...
I have scarring from all those years of trying to make due with what God gave me.

I have tried many skin products over the last few years.
but I just can't seem to find one that actually works with my overly excessive oily face :(
Acne has in a way became a part of my life, but I've learned how to deal with it!
It's one of those things that you can't let define you.
I find it easier & easier to go about my daily life without the constant reminder that I may have a huge zit on my face because I know I am not the only one who has this problem.
It's common.
It happens.
Live with it, right?

I have & I will continue to.
That being said.. Monday I have a microderm appointment.
In case you don't know what a microdermabrasion is..
it is a process that removes the outermost layer of your skin, dead skin to be exact.
This is where you come in..
I need help on deciding what to do with my face after that point.
I want to start anew..
I need a facial regiment that will help better my skin.

I realize everyone's skin is different, but I just need some suggestions 
because I am running out of things to try."

Hope you have a wonderful Monday :) 
I'll let y'all know how the Microderm visit goes!

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

You Might Also Like

9 COMMENTS

  1. I had bad acne as well and finally the dermatologist prescribed 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Wash...I also used Proactive at night and that did the trick. Well I no longer can afford but Proactive and they stopped selling the prescribed wash. However there is now an OTC face wash that is 10% Benzoyl Peroxide (Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser) and I use it everyday and just a normal fac ewash at night. It works great. ( I no longer use toner because the 10% is so strong but I do use a moisturizer (Aveeno with Salicyic Acid) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat as you girlie. Been fighting with acne for soooo long now. I've tried so many things, but I still get the occasional break out, usually around that special time of month! Right now I am using Tea tree oil for my face wash routine. I know it sounds weird, but you can find it at places like Trader Joes. I used the face wash, the cleansing pads, and moisturizer. In that order. So far this is the best routine I have used that has worked for me! More recently I have been doing additional things to help keep my skin as clear as possible. I bought the clarisonic Mia. It's pricey but I love it. After the first few uses I noticed a difference in how soft my face felt, and it has helped keep it from breakouts during the off times (like when its not period time haha). Also I switched foundations. I noticed make-up plays a huge part in how clear your skin is. I was using bare minerals but switched to smashbox and noticed a significant difference. As you mentioned every ones skin is different. But really its just a matter of finding what works best for you. Play around with products until you see what that really proves to be beneficial. good luck and I hope you find something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously? we are twinsies. i am 27 almost 28 and still deal with breakouts. i don't have terrible acne or anything but it's enough to bother me thats for sure. if you find a good skincare routine PLEASE let me know! i use a few products from a line called "image" that i get from my esthetician (who i don't see nearly enough, it's expensive!) and i like it but i still breakout. i've had microderm once and it was nice but my skin is back to how it's always been now. i guess you have to get it done more regularly? i hope you figure something out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 28 and have dealt with breaking out since high school too. I used Proactiv and it worked for awhile but then stopped. I started getting facials tailored toward acne a couple years ago, I did it for a few months but they were expensive. The girl giving my facial told me that you skin can become use to the benzoyl peroxide in Proactiv and cause it not to work anymore. Everyone is different though. Finally, it took me until a year ago, I filly went to a derm about my skin. She prescribed an antibiotic, which I never ended up taking, and a strong topical cream which I use almost every night, she advised to wash my face with Cetaphil, which can be bought at Target or Wal Mart. Just using that soap I noticed a huge difference. I also have small scars on my face that aren't too noticeable but I notice them. I started using Estee Lauder Even Skintone Illuminator which is suppose to be great but then I think that made me start breaking out again??! So I don't use that as much and now I started using Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. Its not for acne but I noticed a difference in mine when I use it. Hope this all helps! PS I would also love to get a microderm, how did that go?

    xo-Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've suffered from acne since about the age of 13. I'm 28 now and still break out a bit, plus the scarring. It's so frustrating. Proactiv has been the best thing for me but it's so darn expensive =-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't think my acne will ever go away... I can go a day w/o getting a whitehead, so annoying! I found though that my regimen my doctor has me on does work- but that means going throuhg red sensitive skin, dryness, and burning on my face.... So not fun! I think the best advice I've gotten was just to limit fatty foods and drink lots of water. Really does "tame" mine down.

    Good luck!

    xo.Britt
    www.themagnoliapair.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't think my acne will ever go away... I can go a day w/o getting a whitehead, so annoying! I found though that my regimen my doctor has me on does work- but that means going throuhg red sensitive skin, dryness, and burning on my face.... So not fun! I think the best advice I've gotten was just to limit fatty foods and drink lots of water. Really does "tame" mine down.

    Good luck!

    xo.Britt
    www.themagnoliapair.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have struggled with acne too! I feel like i have tried everything. I would say that my skin is the most clear when I eat the healthiest...limit sugar...

    I was on birth control for a little while and this really helped..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've struggled with acne since middle school. I tried everything from over the counter washes to birth control to help it and nothing would. At one of my appointment's my doctor suggested acutane I was very weary of it because of everything I've heard about it on tv. but I looked into and and read about all the risks and side effects and decided to give it a try. that was the best decision i ever made my face was the clearest it has ever been and it is a lot less oily than it used to be. I would recommend it!! it obviously wont be for everyone but it really does work wonders!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!