Do You Reply to Comments?

March 30, 2012


Yay! It's Friday ladies and gents!
I am beyond excited although you may not be with me!
I totally had good intentions on doing a vlog for you today, however I guess the day got the better of me.
I may or may not end up doing one, but that's ok because you can watch my old vlog if you wish :)
That's probably as close to vlogging as i'll get this month! Please do accept my apology!

Now onto what I want to talk about today!

Lately I've been getting quite a bit of new followers and commenters!
Comments are definitely one of those things that put a smile on my face.
However, when it comes to replying to those comments I find it discouraging when I can't.
Can't meaning they are a no reply commenter!
You see I would love it if everyone would change their settings to where I can respond to you.
I know it isn't any fun not getting a response [been there done that], but when there isn't an email to respond to; what can you do? So today I'd like to walk you through some steps on how to change these settings so we can communicate better :)

Depending on the dashboard you use; steps may be different.
New Dashboard
1) Find the drop down at the top of your screen & choose Account Settings!
2) If you have the google+ profile you will just find where it says Email Addresses and input your email.
3) If you have the blogger profile you will still find where it says email and place it there.
Overall you just want your email to be somewhere :)
The older dashboard is exactly the same just click where it says my account and do the steps above.

Please let me know if this worked for you because it's been quite a while since I changed these settings on mine.
I hope these steps helped and I look forward to communicating with you better :)
Happy Friday!

You Might Also Like

15 COMMENTS

  1. I totally get sad when I can't reply to comments too! have you do you know what the "comment form" is? If you go to one of my posts, scroll down as if you were to leave a comment and you will see just right above the form where I talk about making sure you're not a "no reply" blogger so I can respond. That's a great place to put something like that for your page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always sad when I get a new commenter and I can't reply to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree - I like responding to comments via e-mail and when I can't it makes me sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this! There are times where I can't reply to comments and I feel bad because they asked a question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to the blogging world and love comments and replying to them.

    I hope my setting are correct. Pretty sure people havr responded back to me before.

    Thanks!
    Hayley
    Www.hayleysworld. com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get sad when I can't reply to comments either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love replying to comments! It's so sad when I can't. Although, I was one of those people who, for so long, had no idea my email was hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like such a meanie when I can't respond to comments, but like you said, what can you do? Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have awarded your blog with the Versatile Blogger Award!! Now it's your turn to pass it on to 15 of your fave blogs! My post: http://mrscamerahappy.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Congrats!!

    Victoria at Mrs. Camera Happy
    http://mrscamerahappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I'm not sure if I have it set right, but I am not able to click "reply" on any comments left on my blog posts... I was wondering if maybe I messed up something in the html, because the reply button doesn't work under any of the comments. I used to be able to reply to comments. Any idea what I may have done to it since it doesn't work? What I've had to do is go to the person's blog and leave them a comment as a reply to their comment on my blog. Let me know if you have any ideas, thanks! =)
    www.TheLatestFind.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! FOund you on the blog hop! New followers!

    Great post! I am sad too when I cannot reply back:(

    HAve a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! love your blog!! I just added myself to your followers for support, and wanted to invite you to come follow my blog and be a part of a really fun giveaway I’m having!
    Hope to see you there! Thanks!

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-for-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The no-reply drives me CRAZY! Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for posting this!! I SO agree! It makes it so hard to search for their email also!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, girly!! However, I had my email in there where you said it should be. Crud. Not sure what's going on. If you have time, would you mind trying to respond to this comment and see if it still says no-reply? :/

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!