God's Work

March 05, 2012




Lately I've been pondering on the subject of Ministry.
Mostly reflecting on my relationship with Christ & whether or not I'm fulfilling His purpose for my life.

Am I spreading the word of God?
Am I being an example of Christ?
Are others seeing Christ through me?

It's a never ending cycle of constant questions that run through my head on a daily basis.  It wasn't until I read my morning devotional that I was reassured that God is constantly working in us all. He is working in us to ensure that we are spreading His word. He is helping us to be just like Him.  I realized that I shouldn't be discouraged over those thoughts because God is constantly at work.

He wants us to:
Be and do our best
Form good habits
Be unselfish
Build a home
Have Convictions
Think for ourselves
He wants us to be God like

I am no where near being perfect, but I do strive to be the best I can be for God's glory!
I try to live each day according to the words in which I believe.
I want to be an example of Christ.

For God is at work within you, helping you want to obey him, and then helping you do what He wants.                                                                                                                                                                    Philippians 2:13

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6


God is working in me and He always does a good job!



You Might Also Like

5 COMMENTS

  1. Funny thing is that I was just asking myslef the same thing the other day. It makes me sad to think that I am not sharing God's love.. thank you for this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the topic in church just yesterday. Are we sharing God with others enough? Sadly, I am not. I don't want to say I "wish I could more", because that's not an excuse. I need to look for more opportunities everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scripture verse in Philippians is one of my favorites, one that I have held onto for many years and still find relevant as a pastor's wife. We can never DO enough, it is God in us that tranforms. Nice to meet you through Cup Half Full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! It's so encouraging to know that God is constantly working on us, molding us into what He wants us to be for Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ask myself a lot whether or not my life is reflecting that of Jesus. Sometimes, when I am failing, the answer is no. And then I am reminded of His grace and His ability to work through me even when I am not able. I heard an amazing saying in church today, "God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called. I can relate because I do not feel qualified to do youth ministry! Thank you for sharing and thank you for your heart to encourage!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!