Guest Post: Vacation Edition [Clara]

March 13, 2012


Today I have for you Clara :)
She is new to blogging and is one of my newest friends.
She definitely has a lot of awesomeness over at her blog that you don't want to miss.
Take a peek for yourself, but after you read this of course!

=========================================================

Hey there! I am so excited to be guest posting today for Breanna! 
I am Clara from Happy in Life, Young in Love. I am wild about my Savior {Jesus}, my husband {Ryan}, our dog {Sox}, running, baking, and the list goes on!

The theme this week... VACATION!
And unless you are currently on one right now, you are probably dreaming of your next one!
Well I am here to share with you my most memorable vacation.

I studied abroad in Costa Rica the summer after my freshman year of college, and it was the most wonderful, adventurous, gigantic vacation! I loved it so much that Ryan and I are going to try to save up so that I can take him back there very soon! 
Today I'll share with you my top 5 reasons Costa Rica is my favorite vacation spot.

1. Adventure
There is no lack of adventure in Costa Rica. While I was there I got to go zip-lining in the treetops, hiking through the rainforest, boating in the canals on animal spotting trips, and that is just the tip of the iceburg.


2. Sight-Seeing
Costa Rica is so rich in culture and in history. While I was there we vistied numerous old churches and were able to see so many beautiful sights. In addition to culture and history, Costa Rica has several active and dormant volcanos that you can visit. I loved being able to hike to the viewing spot to see into a volcano! It was an amazing experience.


3. Nature and Animals
Also, the nature and animals to be seen in Costa Rica are beyond amazing! I cannot even begin to list all the creatures you see while in the rain forests and at the beaches and in the mountains.  Here is one you'll want to keep your eye out for!



4. Cost
During the week, my friends and I lived with different host families, but on the weekends we traveled all around the country to different beaches. The cost to stay in most {average} hotels in Costa Rica is much cheaper than it is in the U.S. This makes traveling more affordable and lets you spend money on more adventures! All the hotels have great pools and most have awesome views!


5. The Locals are so Nice
"Ticos" is the common word that refers to the natives of Costa Rica.
Almost everyone in Costa Rica is so nice and friendly! I suggest you speak a tiny bit of Spanish if you are going to be traveling around the country a lot, but everyone is so helpful and kind to help you out.

Endure those Winter Blues by planning a fantastic Vacation to Costa Rica!

=========================================================

Thanks so much Clara!
I believe I need to take a trip to Costa Rica soon :)
Now get on over to her blog and say hello; you know you want to!

You Might Also Like

1 COMMENTS

  1. aww beautiful pictures my dear!

    That insect looks scary btw lol

    Just found out your blog. DEF following your blog

    Would you like to follow me back?

    See you soon

    <3 Una

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!