Let's Talk Text Books Shall We?

April 15, 2012


For all you college goers; which methods do you use to get your text books?
Do you buy them used? New? The problem with this is that they are always expensive; and when it comes to reselling them you don't get half of what you paid for them.

The two years that I have been in school I have found renting to be a much less expensive method.
What are the perks to renting textbooks you ask?
In particular, renting from Campus Book Rentals:
-you save 40-90% off of bookstore prices
-you get free shipping both ways
-you can still highlight in the books
-there is flexible renting periods
-they have a 30 day money back guarantee
-they donate to Operation Smile with each book rented
[For those of you who aren't familiar with Operation Smile: this is an international charity organization who helps to change children's lives by giving them a smile they will love]

I have had nothing but good experiences with renting textbooks and I will continue to do so!
Anything that keeps a little more cash in my pocket is always greatly appreciated & besides who doesn't want to help those precious children's smiles!
So if you are looking for a cheaper way to go about attaining your textbooks, I would certainly recommend renting them; you'll thank me later! :]

{This is entirely my opinion}

You Might Also Like

5 COMMENTS

  1. I use Amazon! I have found, after many semesters of trying to find the cheapest books, that Amazon has the cheapest books and the best service :)

    Chelsea
    www.mypinkscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a long ago college student and a more recent mom to college students ... we did anything to not pay those ridiculous price for text books. It is easier now, with the internet. In my day, it was hunting them down from fellow students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh I will have to check this out. These book prices are killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info! I will definitely try them out next semester!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always bought my textbooks used (if possible) through whatever was cheapest (amazon, anywhere else on the internet, the local discount textbook store) ... and then as soon as I graduated renting textbooks became the new thing & I felt like an idiot. so, really, I don't know what's best! textbooks are frustrating!


    {I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!