Alternative to Jeans: [illistyle]

July 22, 2012



Hey loves! I am April and I am so excited that Breanna invited me over today to share with you all. I blog over at illistyle.com all about my adventures as a wife, mom, artist, and missionary on the tiny tropical island of Roatan, Honduras. I love to make things pretty and make occasions special, as well as showcase the amazing artistic talent of the beautiful people of Roatan. My motto is "I have limited time and limited resources... challenge accepted." Hop on over to illistyle.com and take a peek at some beautiful beaches and amazing artists.
Since Breanna is super cute & fashionable I thought I would put together a little somethin' along those lines. The other day my super cute reader Kira, submitted this request via the illistyle Facebook Fan page:

"Illystyle should help Kira's style by posting about what to wear besides jeans everyday. I love jeans because they're comfy and easy. And I hate them because they're boring. *sigh*"
We can all relate to this right? Oh, jeans. They go with anything, are so comfy, and can be dressed up or dressed down so easily... but sometimes you need to break the monotony. So here are some illi-approved "non-jeans" everyday styles for you:
________________________________________________________________________

Kira's White Linen Pants Ensamble
I love white linen pants. I never rocked them until I lived in the Caribbean, but let me tell you, I am sorry I waited so long. Get on this timeless cuteness! (Please remember to wear a nude or skin-colored thong, otherwise people won't be admiring your cute pants because they won't be able to see past the fact you have hearts on your tush. Just a little sisterly advice.) I paired these Old Navy pants (which I actually own) with an emerald green top and yellow espadrilles. I tied the outfit together with the woven bag and yellow and green accessories. Plus, you know me, I had to include some Essie nail polish... I cannot help myself.
________________________________________________________________________
Kira's Sailor Trousers Ensamble
I love Sailor Trousers. The buttons up the hips are SO cute. This outfit can also be dressed up or down with the accessories chosen. Here I have it as more of a weekend look with the white v-neck tee... but if you add a tailored button down white dress shirt, you could totally rock this look in the office too.
________________________________________________________________________

I made these cute little ensemble on Polyvore, which is my new fav website. So dangerous. You can make your own outfits by typing in what item you want, like in the first ensemble, I started with the white linen pants and went from there. You can also view other people's creations. Check out these cute things I found for Kira on Polyvore:

super easy work look
Old Navy chinos and a white cotton tee with sandals and easy cuff bracelet. Can we say comfy? Go walk around downtown and do some window shopping, have lunch with your girlfriends, and then see a movie. That kinda comfy.
________________________________________________________________________
Feeling girly
Since Kira can't wear pants every day, I thought a flirty little dress was in order. I adore great boots and cardigans. Pair a flowy sun dress with these elements to create a super easy and super comfy outfit. Put the belt over the cardigan to draw the eye to the smallest part of you. This outfit is a win. Now have your man take you out on the town, cuz you're lookin good.
________________________________________________________________________
Which is your favorite?
What do you wear instead of jeans?
xoxo-April
Connect with April:
Blog | Facebook | Twitter


You Might Also Like

3 COMMENTS

  1. love this! lots of cute ideas for heading back to work....which i don't even want to think about yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeans can be so hot in the summer - loving those white linen pants!!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the linen pants. Now time to try out outfit #1 and 4. Great combo.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Follow My Beautiful Crazy Life!

FEATURED POST

Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening s...

QUOTE

QUOTE