Birthday Celebration: [The Young Retiree]

July 17, 2012


Hello, My Beautiful Crazy Life readers! My name is Elizabeth, and around the interwebz I am known as The Young Retiree! I am a 27 year old Navy housewife living in Southern California! My husband is currently in the midst of his third deployment since our wedding {2.5 years ago!}. You can find me blogging about our shenanigans, different foods I manage to cook successfully, daily life as a 20 something "retiree", and for the summer: Padres Baseball! 

I am so excited to be with you all here today as it is a pretty special day: it's my husband's 35th BIRTHDAY! Naturally, I felt today would be an awesome time to talk about celebrating our birthdays as adults! Do you celebrate the birthday of your loved ones in fun style? My poor husband got his very first dose of my birthday antics last year since it was the first year he was home to celebrate it since we met 5 years ago:


He thought I was joking when I told him I had a hat for him to wear, but here is the photographic proof that I was not! Birthdays are something to celebrate in style! I hang the banners, blow up balloons, and even have good old numbered candles for cake!

Although he is deployed again this year, he'll be getting a fun care package full of a cake which will hopefully make it there safely (and packaged well enough to still be tasty!), some fun plates and napkins for him to share the cake on, those fun little blowers and some neat little "fun bag" birthday  goodies to pass out to the guys in his department.

Birthdays are a time to celebrate a very special miracle! The day we were born is a special day for so many people! Believe me, we will be celebrating quite a few holidays when my husband gets home, and a special birthday celebration will be among them!

How do you celebrate birthdays of your loved ones? Do you still go the extra mile of silliness to make them fun and memorable days? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Connect with Elizabeth:


You Might Also Like

3 COMMENTS

  1. ah uber cute!

    Hey dear! I am having an amazing giveaway on my blog. Please check it out! You can win trendy shoes and 100$ coupon :)

    <3 Una

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad to learn that other people love birthdays and holidays as much as I do! I get the "ahh, you're so cute/silly" remark from my boyfriend all the time, but I believe that if people took the time to declare these holidays (or if your mama took the time to deliver you), we need to take the time to celebrate! haha

    I hope you're holding up with your husband on deployment. You're so sweet to send him a birthday care package like that!

    Sarah B Texas @ City Girl Gone Country

    http://sarahbtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the crazy one who is obsessed with celebrating birthdays! I love planning parties or just making favors for parties. What a sweet idea, sending a cake over there! Hope it makes it okay!

    Evani
    simplyevani@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!