Meet Kim from Singledou[b]t

July 21, 2012

I am so thankful to be guest-posting over here at A Beautiful Crazy Life!  Thanks Breanna for having me!


My name is Kim and I am stopping by from Singledou[b]t.  I am a single, well caffeinated, Christian woman living in New York City.


I've been in the blogisphere for a little more then a year but just recently really started letting myself out of my shell.  I am slightly shy and insecure especially when it comes to my writing and my artistic passions.  Lately, the love I have for those things has far outweighed my fears.


A little over a year ago, I walked away from my 9 to 5 admin job in a step of obedience. I had felt the Lord leading me away from that job for a while but my need for security won over the gentle pull of His divine will.  I had to have a plan but that's not what He was calling me to.  I loved photography and writing but was my love for it enough to warrant leaving my stable job?  I didn't think so.  I still don't but I know that wasn't God's intention.  He wanted me to trust him with the timeline even if it wasn't clear.  He wanted me to remember that my inheritance is in Him and not the treasures I lay up on earth.


Galatians 4:6-7 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. 

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Psalm 27:14"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." 

Jeremiah 17:7-8 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” 


I am so glad I left that job.  I have to say, I haven't done much with either my photography or my writing but the last year has been some of the richest times I've ever had.  


Some of the riches have come from YOU!  The readers and bloggers out there who have revealed their hearts, talents and passions in such creative, pure ways!  I haven't had this much fun in a long time!  The Lord has used you! Even if you don't have the same faith I do!  


Thanks for taking time out to read this post and getting to know me a little better.  I'd love it if you stopped by my side of the web: SINGLEDOU[B]T

You can also find me here:
ETSY | TWITTER | PHOTOGRAPHY |  PINTEREST FACEBOOK


THANKS BREANNA for having me!


You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!