Strawberry Trifle: [Made by Lori]

July 15, 2012



Hello all you wonderful My Beautiful, Crazy Life readers! I'm Lori and I blog at Made by Lori. I'm a high school teacher in Houston, Texas with a passion for crafting, design, music, and reality television.


Today I'm going to share with all of you a fabulous and easy recipe. Fabulous and easy are my main two criteria when looking for a recipe to make.

I present to you the Strawberry Trifle....


Let's get started! First get your ingredients. There aren't many and you may have some on hand.

Ingredients:
1 quart strawberries PLUS 2 tbsp sugar
1 10-inch angel food cake
(I used pre-made, you could make one from scratch or a box...but remember EASY is our key word!)
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese softened
(let it sit out on the counter for a few hours to completely soften, you want it easy to mix)
1 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip topping

Directions:
Slice up your strawberries and put them in a bowl with the 2 tbsp of sugar.
Mix them together and let sit in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients.
Mix cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar together in bowl.
Once mixed, add in the cool whip and stir.
Cut up (or tear...again EASY) your angel food cake into chunks.
In a bowl layer put a small layer of the cake chunks, then top that with some of the cream cheese/cool whip mixture, and then top with some of the strawberries. Repeat this layering until you have filled the bowl.

You could also do individual servings in cups or glasses. It would be super cute!

Hope you enjoyed my recipe! It really is delicious!

Connect with Lori:
Blog | Twitter | Shop


You Might Also Like

4 COMMENTS

  1. Hey Breanna, I have nominated you for a bloggy award. Come and check it out!
    http://missdiymonster.blogspot.com/2012/07/bloggy-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...my mom makes trifle, but I'm pretty sure there's rum in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I want to make this. I also want to say, "It tastes like feet" a la Ross Geller when Rachel made one with beef in it. Hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo a trifle? Yum! She's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!