Weekend Shenanigans

August 20, 2012


If I were to rate this weekend on a scale from 1-10, I'd give it a 5 for more reasons than one. You'd think that the first weekend in our new place would be somewhere along the lines of relaxing and chill, for the most part it was with a few highs and lows in the mix.  

Lows:
Woke up around 4:00 a.m Sunday morning due to a storm blowing in, and later found that our patio shade took a pretty good beating.  Needless to say we spent the rest of the day weaving the bamboo shade back together.. which was a complete pain, but saved us from having to spend $60 on a new one.

Not even a few hours later we lost power throughout the whole condominium complex for a good hour. So in that time we made a trip to Starbucks and indulged in some goodness.

Chai Tea Latte / Walnut Zucchini Muffin

We spent a good part of the weekend wondering when trash day was considering we were not informed of this very much needed information. Good thing we ran into a maintenance worker on the way to Starbucks or else we'd of missed trash day which is today :)

Running around to get things that weren't provided in our fully furnished condo with a comforter being one of those items. Honestly, I'm not sure how that happened, but I can tell you that I absolutely love our new comforter which we found at Ross.


Highs:
Caught up with all my emails from the past month, however I didn't make it to writing blog posts.. Seems to be how it always happens, but I will just have to write them as I go along.

Did a blog design for a new and upcoming blogger, Sandra, of Sand in my Pocket.
In my opinion you should hop on over there and say hello because honestly she is a sweetheart and just happens to be my future mother in law! Did I mention her writing style is amazing and just might be better than mine ;) NO? Well it is and you're missing out if you don't stop on by :)

Living on our own is definitely a high for me. I love it :)

Although the weekend was less than perfect for Eric and I, there is no one else I would rather of spent it with! On another note, Eric starts his new job today and I am nervous, yet excited for him all at the same time. I am seriously so proud of him and all his accomplishments. Wish him luck :)

P.S. Don't forget that the Me, Myself, and I linky party will go live tomorrow, August 21. If you don't know what this is and would like to join us in getting to know each other a little better, you can click on the tab under my header that says MMI, or you can click here. :)

We'd love for you to join us and tell you friends.


You Might Also Like

16 COMMENTS

  1. So sorry you had some bad mixed in this weekend! I hope the week turns out to be a great one! Good luck to Eric on his new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that chai tea latte is looking pretty amazing right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Encouraging and inspiring-- esp for those of us who also had weekends ranking around a 5ish.

    Plus... I am inspired to go hunt down a walnut zucchini muffin from StarBucks-- if only it didn't require fixin' my frizzy hair to go in public :-)

    Bless you, Breanna-- glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the Monday Meet Up :)
    New follower!
    Lovely Blog!

    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like Starbucks to brighten up the day! :) Stopped by the new website...looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm now your newest follower, I found you on the blog hop. Cute blog! :) Nice to meet you!
    talesoftheyoungertwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't those zucchini muffins to die for?

    Popped in from Monday Meet Up ~

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the comforter!

    http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to read your weekend had some lows but that lets you appreciate the highs more, right?

    looking forward to tomorrows link-up-partyyyyy!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the site design...you newest follower from Monday Mingle.
    Anissa from Chasing Hailey
    www.reaganscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. whoops...that was random and bizarre...
    Anissa from Chasing Hailey
    http://chasinghailey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. every weekend has highs and lows!
    most importantly it is good to relax!
    hope this week is full of highs!
    anticipationblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So...you're in Houston now?? Girl, we are meeting up in October when I get back!!
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute comforter, I love the colors. I need to pick out a new bed set like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Follow My Beautiful Crazy Life!

FEATURED POST

Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening s...

QUOTE

QUOTE