Remembrance

September 11, 2012



I had intended on writing a post on our weekend festivities, but there is something heavy on my heart with today being the 11th anniversary of 911. Remembrance is something that we can all relate to on this day 11 years ago.. We remember how it impacted our lives. We remember where we were. We remember how we felt.

I was in my 4th grade classroom 11 years ago on this day without really knowing what was going on in the world.  All I knew was that it was bad and that majority of my teachers were crying for some unknown reason.  It wasn't until they turned on the television that I got a glimpse into what was really going on; we were being attacked.

I can remember how terrible I felt and how horrified that someone or something could do such a thing to innocent hard working people. I can remember the lump in my throat as I cried at the thought of so many peoples lives being destroyed in that very moment.  The thing that was really troubling to me was how the media showed such graphic images on the television of people taking their own lives.

It's troubling to see how much 911 impacted our nation's economy. However, what I do know is that we as a country are so much stronger. To all those that were affected by this tragic day, my heart goes out to you. Thanks to those that are fighting or have fought to secure our freedoms. You are my heroes. We will always remember, but never forget. God bless us and this great country that we live in.

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.”—Mark Twain

You Might Also Like

10 COMMENTS

  1. "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

    I wholeheartedly agree with you. Wicked things happen in this world, and our reaction *could* be to crawl into a safe place and hide, but our nation arose to the challenge to defeat the evil against us, as well as other countries. I am forever grateful for those who sacrifice everything, including their lives, to not only protect our country, but the sanctity of life.

    Awesome post, thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are the strongest country in the world! Wow, 4th grade..I don't know how I would react so young. I was still a young one in 8th grade, but to be so young and see such horrifying things..I still get the chills just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the fact you were in Gr 4 makes me feel freaking OLD! i was in Gr 9!

    but your right, def a tragic day :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a senior in high school and my dad had just flown to NYC on that Monday for business. He wasn't right in the city, but still having him so far away (and stuck there for almost 2 weeks before he could get a flight home) was pretty much the most terrifying day of my life to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. I'll definitely never forget that day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post!! I will never for get that day, freshman year of HS in history class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post!! I was in my junior year of HS and was watching the news getting ready for school. I will never ever forget that day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This day will be one we'll never forget, it had to much of an impact on us as a nation.

    Touching.. thoughtful post.

    Following from the Hump Day Hop : ) Also connected with you in all the social media networks we have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for linking up with us. To know that you saw that and those awful images at such a young age is really sad. I didn't even think of that. I was married at the time living on an Army base. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well written. thanks for taking the time to post about 9/11! we are your new followers! chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!