..loss

October 01, 2012




I can't believe that it's October and the weather is definitely starting to feel a lot like fall which to me is amazing. I love this time of year for the cooler temps, leaves changing, and pumpkin spice everything. 

It seems as if I have been on hiatus from my blog for quite sometime, but really it's been just for the weekend. A week/weekend that has been tough on so many people that I know due to the loss of such a precious friend.  Our friend was truly a selfless, kindhearted individual who would give the shirt off his back for anyone.  It goes without saying that he was such a great friend to so many people who loved him dearly. He definitely was a great person inside and out and I count myself lucky to  have known him.  There are so many good memories shared, but his legacy will live on. 

It doesn't seem fair that someone so young could be taken away from us, but it has taught me a few things.

Always tell your friends and family that you love them <3
Never take a day of your life for granted.
Count your blessings and be thankful for all the good things in life.
Smile and laugh every single day.
Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Prayer is always the answer to everything.

Eric and I traveled 14 hours round trip in less than 3 days to make it back home, but I can tell you this.. we wouldn't of missed it for the world.  

It's not goodbye, but see you later.
<3 <3

You Might Also Like

15 COMMENTS

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. :/ Hope you're doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you lost a friend :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that news :( Sending lots of love your way <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs* I am so sorry to about your friend! Please send my deepest condolences you and their family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for you loss my friend, praying for you and the family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry girl. Losing a friend is never easy! Praying for you and his family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry about your friend. Sometimes these things just can't be explained. You just have to live life to the fullest in their honor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    May his memory be a blessing to you always.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for your loss! We were also at a memorial service this weekend (twenty hours round trip, still recovering!). My husband's uncle committed suicide, so our trip was a lot different than yours. Praise God that you can rejoice for your friend instead of grieving! Free at last and hanging out with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!