Change for Change

November 13, 2012



I am having one of those days where I feel the need to change everything. I'm not sure if any of you are like that, but for me the thought of a fresh start is motivation enough to bring on this change.  For the last week I have looked at my blog layout and felt that it needs something different. This coming from me is nothing new because I constantly feel the need to change the look of my blog and have been this way ever since I started it last year. This time is a little different because in the past I have done all the remodeling myself which could be the reason I constantly feel the need for change but the idea of paying someone to design my blog for me is a bit scary for multiple reasons.

1. I have a bad case of OCD when it comes to my blog.. 
2. I fear that my vision won't be met, although half my blog design inspiration comes from other blogs, and that in itself is reason enough to be scared because I don't want to copy anyone else's designs.
3.  How long will I keep the new design before I get bored with it?
4. Who knows whether or not I'll be blogging a year from now.

Seriously this has me at a stand still when it comes to blogging because I want my space to express me entirely. I am not sure what the future holds for me or this blog, but what I do know is that a change is very much needed. 

While I'm on this topic of change, let me just say that as of today my shop is on vacation mode until further notice. I have been thinking a lot about the direction of my shop and I just haven't found what I'm looking for, but hopefully as the new year arrives I will be back with a whole new line of products. I am open to suggestions on what you might like to see in my shop but for right now I am directionless.

So tell me does anyone else have this problem when it comes to your blog design? It's seriously a huge dilemma that I am facing right now other than the fact that "apparently" this blog is lacking in "content." Amusing to say the least, but its one of those things you just take with a grain of salt.

__________________________________________________________________________

[After receiving such encouraging comments from some of you, I have decided that I am going to give myself another chance at redesigning my blog to best suite me.. if that is even possible at this stage with the help of google tutorials and my handy dandy scrapbooking software. So please bare with me as my blog may begin to look like something fierce]

You Might Also Like

12 COMMENTS

  1. I have this problem. I always feel like I'm sooo close to how I want my blog to look and feel, and yet nothing is every quite right. And I just wanted to say that I don't think your blog is lacking content, you just keep on doing it the way you want, don't worry what everyone else says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently changed my blog name because I felt it reflected more of who I am today. It's hard, but you either do it or not. You can always go back no? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine changes daily, I tweak it just a little, but never happy with it. I want to pay someone to do it, but afraid I will just want to change it again a week later. I love the design, simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so OCD about this too, so that's why I learned how to do everything by myself. I am not currently designing right now, otherwise I would totally help you out. I love your design right now and I think it looks fresh. I totally get it, though. I never feel like everything is perfect with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been tweaking my blog for the past few weeks - little things at a time, but enough to satisfy my desire for change. I much prefer a minimalist look on my blog these days, I'm not sure if you're the same? When I started blogging it was all about the frills, and now it seems that less is more! I'm quite OCD like you are, and I like doing everything by myself. Well, by googling what I want to change and reading some smart person's instructions! But save the HTML first!

    Please, your blog is not lacking in contect. No way Jose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am exactly the same and recently gave it a complete makeover. I know exactly what you mean constantly trying to make it perfect. If you have an idea in your head then I would try and do it yourself. Set up a second blog on blogger and set it to authors only and call it test blog for instance. Keep playing around making a template trying different designs until you are 100% happy and then when happy you can just transfer the HTML over to your existing and tweak it to fit. That way you can play around without fear of messing up your existing and it allows you to experiment with the HTML - google is your friend.

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely understand. I had planned on going the paid way...but ended up doing it myself so I'm still constantly changing little details of it from time to time.

    ♥ Duckie.

    P.S. I'm having a giveaway! http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com/2012/11/makeup-mondays-currently-coveting-shell.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do this constantly. Sometimes I get really ambitious and change my blogs name and everything! I've learned a lot over the years about HTML and CSS.... Admittedly I've gotten a little obsessed and see a redesign as a new challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can totally relate. But, usually with me, once I start messing with something I completely ruin it and end up hitting my head against the wall. Your blog is awesome and I'm sure you're gonna do some great things with it :)

    Stop by and say hi sometime!
    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think that there's anything wrong with changing the look of your blog up every now and then, I know that when I get bored of the look of mine, it tends to demotivate me to post, so whenever I find I'm getting tired of it, I change it up... Plus, frequently changing things is a great way to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oiii I am constantly changing my blog design. I LOVE it for about a month and the I feel the need to change it. Such is life for such a creative gal, which I know you are too :o)

    PS - I know exactly what you are referring to about your "lacking content" line. Rise above it beautiful girl. Apparently, you've made it when you have haters (or so I've heard...) Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE IT! I'm reading this post on your new design so it may be weird to comment this but it looks sooo good. So classy :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Follow My Beautiful Crazy Life!

FEATURED POST

Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening s...

QUOTE

QUOTE