Monday, December 3, 2012

Our Engagement Story




Let me just start out by saying that I was completely surprised and that it was so beyond perfect that words can't even depict the fairytale that I was living in that exact moment.  

As you may know, Eric and I have been together for almost 4 1/2 years and have known for a very long time that'd we'd spend the rest of our lives together, but to actually take the next step has made my heart completely full. He is my soul mate and to be able to spend the rest of my life with him makes me the happiest girl in the world! 

It all started with this post where I was going to be heading to Corpus a few days earlier than him which worked out perfect in the whole scheme of things because on the day before he arrived for Thanksgiving break he had his mom take me to jewelry stores to find a ring I loved. It all makes sense now, but little did I know at the time that I was shopping for my engagement ring. I actually had picked out that specific ring on two separate occasions and fell in love with it immediately, which was great for Eric because it made the ring buying process somewhat less stressful. 

Friday: Eric headed into town to have lunch with his dad on his lunch break which was the perfect decoy to pick up the ring and no one ever suspected a thing. 

Saturday: So the ring was now accounted for and the only thing he had left to do was ask my parents for my hand in marriage.  That was a bit trickier considering I wouldn't leave his side and he couldn't get my parents alone to do just that, but eventually it worked out to where he could (he asked them both, melts my heart<3 ).

After getting back from a fishing trip with the guys on that Saturday evening, Eric led me to believe that he was having a bad day and that he needed to get out of the house and talk to me. I didn't think anything of it, so I threw on a pair of sweats, a t-shirt, and a jacket and we headed out the door to none other than the beach, which at the time I thought we were going out for ice cream. He took me to two spots and neither one of them were a place of "relaxation" because there were either sketchy people hanging around or cars driving along the beach, so he decided to take me to one other spot, but by this time I was like can we go get ice cream all ready? 

He assured me this was the spot where we could be alone and talk, so I went along with it and got out of the car and stared facing at the water for a while taking in all it's beauty until he put his arms around me. We stood there hugging for a while (so he could situate the ring and gather his nerves) and as soon as he let go he was on his knee and asking me to be his forever. I was in complete shock as I stood there with my mouth open just shaking my head up and down like an idiot trying to fight back tears. I won't tell you what he said to me as that is between him and I, but it was the sweetest and most perfect words ever spoken to me. 

I seriously couldn't have imagined or pictured anything more perfect than being proposed to on the beach, under the stars, in basically my pajamas (which Eric loved) and it just being the two of us. It is one of the moments that I will remember for the rest of my life.. the feelings.. the emotion.. and the moment that I said YES to my best friend and soul mate.

11.24.12

52 comments:

Joanna said...

So sweet! Loved reading your beautoful engagement story. I love that is was so simple and pure. It;s fun to hear the big flashy crazy engagement stories, but I love love LOVE that you had those sacred and private moments where no one else mattered. Congratulations on your engagement!

Jen said...

I love your engagement story! :) I love that he asked both your parents (my husband did the same thing). :) Congrats again!

Kasey said...

such an awesome engagement story, congrats girl! You're going to be such a beautiful bride!! :):):)



http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

Tausha said...

Congratulations! SUCH a perfect engagement story!!!

L said...

This is super super sweet Breanna! =) Congratulations girl!
Much Love!
L

Ellen said...

Awwhh that is the cutest thing ever!! So sweet. Congratulations!!

Beatriz López Lumbreras said...

this is so cute it has almost make me cry...awwwwww
it kind of make me nervous to think what my bf will do if we ever take the next step!<3

wish you the best
Bea =)
dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

becca said...

what a beautiful story

Zia Blue said...

so sweet :3

Busy Bumble Bee said...

Awwwwww that's sweet. Congratulations to you both. I found you through the December Blog Hop.

heather tucker said...

that is so sweet and you guys are so cute. I just started following you from bloggy mom blog hop feel free to check out my blog
homesweethometucker.blogspot.com

Amanda Lambrechts said...

It makes me so happy that he asked your parents' approval and everything! You are beautiful both inside and out. I truly look forward to hearing more and seeing pictures of your big day.
XO
Amanda @ Faith*Love*Strength

Kristen Danielle said...

How sweet!! :) So excited for you guys!

Also, I love your new blog design!

xo
Kristen

Whitney said...

Awwww!! How sweet! I was so excited to see that you two had gotten engaged. CONGRATS!

Amber said...

So sweet! I love that he had you pick it out with his mom :)

Ragan said...

wow! what a beautiful story! I am so excited for you guys - congrats!

Pary Moppins said...

Congratulations! So excited for you. Found you on Bloggy Moms Blog Hop.

Darby Hawley said...

Girl this is such a perfect and wonderful proposal!!!! You two are great for each other and I'm so excited for you!! Congratulations!

ChatterBlossom said...

You two are too sweet! Lovely story!
Found you through the hop and am your newest follower! ;-)
-Jamie
http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

mail4rosey said...

I'm visiting from Super Sunday Sync, and so happy to have come across your beautiful story. A million congrats on your wonderful news!

Nikki said...

Congrats! Beautiful story

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Sounds simply perfect!!!! Just as you two are together!!!

Denise said...

So cute! I wish I had my blog up and going for details like this, but I started a little too late. Dang it! Congratulations :)

Kindra said...

Aww...that's so cute!
You two are cute together!
Congratulations!

Allie said...

Awww So cute! I am so happy for you! Sounds beautiful!

Kristen @ KV Confessions said...

ohhhh my goodnesssss!!!! i'm so excited for you! sounds like such a perfect moment between the two of you. i loved how my hubby popped the question - get this, A POEM! Sounds cheesy but it made me do the whole nodding head and tears combo, so that's always a good thing! SO happy for you, girl! xo

Treasure Tromp said...

such a wonderful, sweet and touching story. congratulations, again!

Kimmyyy83 said...

Love this! Congrats again!

Liz Pulice said...

Such a sweet engagement, congrats:)

Monica said...

What a great story. Congrats again!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you both!

Dani said...

Such a beautiful engagement story! I love it. I am so happy for you.

Courtney Kassner said...

What a beautiful story! It gave me goosebumps! Congrats again!

Rubi Diaz said...

So cute! Congratulations on your engagement! Found you on Monday meet-up!

With Love,
Rubi
www.lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

Kenzie Smith said...

Aw so sweet! I loved reading your engagement story :D Congratulations, again!!!

Messy Mom said...

Congratulations. I love hearing about proposals.

Hanna said...

HI there. I'm Hanna. I found your blog through teh blog hop! Great stuff!!! I love meeting new friends!! I am your newest follower:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Christina Marie said...

so sweet! what a touching story - congrats! i wish you two a lifetime of happiness ... and now the fun begins! wedding planning :)

Rachel said...

Yay, I love this post! Congrats, and I love the ring. :)

Rachel
http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

Shelly Oakley said...

Great engagement story! :) Congratulations - I wish you the best! :)

Digger said...

So cute! Congrats! I just found your blog through the December Blog Hop over at Bloggy Moms. Love your blog, I'm your newest follower!

Elle
Dig Deep Studio

Sara said...

Congrats girl! I'm a fellow Corpus blogger and new follower from Texans who Blog.... and I got engaged on the beach in Corpus, too! (Well, we were in Port A, but close enough!)

Let me know if you need any tips on CC wedding planning -- I've done it!

goneyonkers.blogspot.com

Ashleigh Nichole said...

Awe! So very sweet... & he is so great @ hiding it :)

Kelly Ann said...

Congratulations!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Bree TheUrbanUmbrella said...

Aweeeee you two are too sweet! Adorable adorable adorable <3333

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella
http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

Rachel Reeves said...

BEAUTIFUL!

anna lizbeth said...

beautiful story! so happy for you both! xo annalizbeth

Kristine Foley said...

Loved that you shared this! Featuring it on my blog tomorrow :) Congrats again beautiful friend!!

Kamilla Chales said...

Congradulations!!! Beautiful story!!
comjeitodemeninalinda.blogspot.com.es

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

so flipping cute
Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

Ina Instantdelight said...

This is such a lovely story, you two seem like a great couple!! xx Ina

Kelly {Sparkles and Shoes} said...

This is SO exciting, congratulations!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Pin It button on image hover