This Weekend I...

December 09, 2012




I usually don't give a recap of our weekend because lets face it my life is not all that exciting, however this weekend has been definitely one worth writing about so here it is in all its glory :)

This weekend we did a bit of shopping around the Goodwill stores trying to find the perfect "ugly sweater," however I was shopping for a Christmas tacky sweater because that was the look I was trying to achieve.  I must admit I was a bit disappointed at the sweater selection and couldn't find a Christmas one at any of the 3 stores we checked out, but all in all we ended up finally choosing one.We also picked up a few things at the grocery store to get us through our last week in Houston.

This weekend we attended a holiday party and the theme was the infamous ugly sweater. I have never been to one of these parties which was why I thought it'd be fun to try to find a Christmasy one, but since that was out of the question I chose the one below.. ugly or not? We were told as soon as we walked in the door that they weren't ugly, but oh well there is always next year right?

a decent picture from last nights festivities
This weekend I asked my girlfriends to be my bridesmaids/maid of honor with the use of a little photo editing which I will share in a post later this week, but it was definitely a hit. I am glad they all said yes and you know what that means we are one step closer to becoming Mr and Mrs :) Love those ladies and I'm so glad they are going to be my side throughout this whole wedding planning process!

This weekend we experienced Panera Bread and all it's amazingness for the first time. I don't know how I have lived without it for so long, but what is really sad is that Corpus doesn't even have one. (tear) We both got 1/2 a order of the smoked turkey sandwich and a cup of baked potato soup. I'm pretty sure I went to heaven and back and their acai tea was just plain amazing. We also swung by Walmart to grab some jewelry cleaner (his idea) & let me just say that my ring is super sparkly and I am one lucky gal!


This weekend eric and I had planned on attending the boat parade down at the Kemah Boardwalk but decided against it on behalf of the fact that we'd have to fight all the traffic in and around that area + crowds aren't really my forte, so we decided to stay in and it was probably the best decision ever. Lucky for us we live off of the bay and we got front row seats to the entire show from our balcony. I was so excited that we weren't missing out on seeing the lit up yachts boats and the best part was the firework show.. I about peed myself, not really but it was way exciting. 



Our weekend has been amazing so far and I seriously couldn't imagine a more perfect way to spend it on our last weekend as Houstonians. One last thing... today I get to do some catching up with one of my favorite bloggers, Kristen, over some coffee. :) Perfect ending, to a great weekend don't you think?

How has your weekend been so far?


[This Month's Advertisement]

You Might Also Like

17 COMMENTS

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! That sweater is pretty cute, but hey at least you tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so far so good getting ready to head to a birthday party

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved catching up with you!! And I'm so glad we were able to before you left Houston. Enjoy your last week here & have a safe drive back to Corpus. And tell Eric I said Good Luck on his presentation!

    :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panera for the first time? Ahh! I absolutely love that place:) Can't wait to hear about the bridesmaid-asking project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. panera is like heaven on earth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to go to an ugly sweater party! But, like you, I don't have one! Your weekend sounded so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'e always wanted to go to an ugly sweater party... someday I guess.

    I'm going to say that one is cute. Is it red or pink?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the sweater isn't that ugly--oh well, at least it's a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been on the hunt for a Christmas sweater too with no luck. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww What an exciting weekend :) So your sweater wasn't ugly? lol geez..well you get an A for effort. I think my favorite part was the fireworks by the bay. My mom actually lived in Houston up until she had me, but I've never been there. I hear the traffic is way bad in that area..so I don't blame you for staying home. Happy Monday friend XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a wonderful weekend!!

    xo, Emily
    bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Panera SO much :)

    I looked at Goodwill for ugly sweaters too but did not find ANY. A few years ago they had racks of them at Ragstock but they're actually a little pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fire works! It is not a ugly sweater, but it sounds like the effort was worth it. Next year try one with all the crazy felt designs and blinking lights maybe. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugly Christmas sweaters are tough to find since these parties got popular. Consider checking goodwill the first week in January for some good ones for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So great pictures! Your sweater is gorgeous, where did you get it?? Your hairs are really pretty!

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fireworks in December? That's awesome! I've only ever seen them in the summertime! Sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy! I love Panera Bread! Sounds like you had a really nice time.

    Thank you for linking up at this week’s Harvest of Friends Weekend Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!