Wedding Wednesday: Date + Bridesmaids

December 11, 2012


Eric and I will have been engaged for 3 weeks on Saturday and have already decided on our wedding party, the date, and location, although we haven't found the venue we do know what city we want to wed in. I'm pretty sure that those three things are probably the 3 most important decisions and they were the easiest ones for us to make, which is great considering I am the most indecisive person you'll ever meet.

The date of the wedding is actually our anniversary of when we first started dating and is the date we have always wanted our wedding to be on for as long as I can remember.  I honestly can't believe it worked out to be on a Saturday, although it's a year and a half away we are super excited to keep the same anniversary that we've been celebrating for many years now. We've already figured it out and on our wedding day we will have been together for 6 years.


On Friday I asked my girls if they would be my bridesmaids and let me just say that I was a bit nervous.. not because I thought they'd say no, but because all of this is just so real. It's crazy to think how fast all of this is coming together and that in a blink of an eye we will be saying I do. I made it a priority to find a creative/meaningful way to ask them rather than just texting or calling and I am quite impressed with what I came up with without the help of pinterest, although I'm sure if you look hard enough it will be there somewhere. I will have five bridesmaids and a maid of honor with Eric having the reciprocal amount of groomsmen/best man and the best part is that they are all our closest friends which means I won't have to get to know all Eric's buds because I already do :) 




If you are a newly engaged woman looking for a neat way to ask your bridesmaids, I highly recommend this because all it requires is a picture, a photo editing site, and an email :) It's cute, inexpensive, and simple.. just the way I always envisioned. 

You Might Also Like

19 COMMENTS

  1. 6/21 is an amazing date! That is our wedding anniversary! The day you get married we will be celebrating our 6th anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are making important progress! We got married on our dating anniversary as well, it's fun to keep the same anniversary :)
    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I like your idea for asking your wedding party! I'm sure they LOVED it, too!

    You're getting married 364 days after my date - 06.22.13 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute idea! I am so happy for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea!! i need to start getting on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH GIRL!!!! I AM SOOOO BEHIND, 3 weeks behind to be exact...

    CONGRATULATIONS DEAR! I'm super excited for you!
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are super cute!! I'm sure your girls loved them. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on setting a wedding date! Our anniversary is 6/26 it's a great time of year ;)

    It may feel far away, but before you know it your big day will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are totally adorable you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWW that is so cute that it'll be six years of you being together!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to ask your bridesmaids. Congrats on your engagement...and happy planning :)

    Andrea - alhadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea :)

    Congratulations on your engagement & good luck with planning everything!

    I'm a new follower by the way from Anglesey, Wales in the UK. http://www.anellabennett.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, I was too excited to think of cute ways to ask my girls to be my bridesmaids! I think your way is absolutely fabulous!

    And yay on picking a date! That's neat it's your same anniversary. Must be fate!

    June is a good month. My fiance and I share the same birthday (June 26th) and for a nano second debated having our wedding on that day too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome that you guys are getting married on your anniversary date of being together. I love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! Way to be all on top of things - of course I wouldn't expect any less from you my dear. So happy for you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you are getting married on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am so happy to hear about your smooth planning :) 3 weeks in and you got some big details off your check list :) I can't wait to keep reading about your wedding details!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Follow My Beautiful Crazy Life!

FEATURED POST

Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening s...

QUOTE

QUOTE