Why Do I Blog?

January 09, 2013




I know we have all asked ourselves this question at some point: "Why do I blog?" What answer do we give people who ask us what we even do as bloggers? The reality of it is that many people do not even know what a blog is and just being honest before I started one myself I was totally one of those people. It's amazing to me how interested so many people, including my family, are to hear about what it is I actually do with my spare time on this ole blog and the fact that I can actually make money off of it is just plain insane in their eyes. It seemed reasonable that I should compile a list of all the many reasons that I blog and what it is that I actually do here on My Beautiful, Crazy Life.

If blogging was a sport, I'd have a lot of awesome teammates. You guessed it, the main reason I blog is to meet new people and make friends in the process :) If you have read my about me, than you'd know that I don't have many friends in the city I live in and the fact that we are always moving around doesn't help me in that department the least bit, so having a blog has been a way for me to interact with others and build relationships. I have seriously met so many amazing people that I'd never of met IRL if it weren't for blogging, so if there is one thing I do know is that blogging is a great way to make friends.

Obviously I created a blog on behalf of the fact that I love to write because if that weren't the case I wouldn't be here sharing with you my reasons for blogging.  I feel that writing is a great way to express yourself while at the same time being a great escape from reality. 

Ultimately I have this little space on the internet to share the journeys I embark on in this beautiful, crazy life of mine and the idea of being able to look back on it one day and read about the things that I might someday forget is amazing. The fact that I love having an outlet to share my feelings on life, share my stories, and to encourage those seeking encouragement is and will always be reason enough for me to continue writing. It may seem sometimes that I blog solely for obtaining free merchandise or that I seek to obtain blog followers above all else but that is so far beyond what my intentions are for writing a blog and is the least bit not true.  I want to be known for my content and not by how many people follow my blog and just for the record I would rather have 10 loyal readers than thousand of followers any day. [Hence the reason I want to switch over to Self-Hosted Word Press ASAP]

Quality > Quantity 

As for what it is that I really do here the answer is quite simple: not a lot. I am just like any other blogger, I write more pointless stuff than any one person should, post giveaways/reviews once in a blue moon, and who has a spectacular time doing it. It is common knowledge that the free stuff is a nice addition to being a blogger, but it is just a perk in my book that comes with the territory. If you were to ask any blogger they'd tell you that blogging is something they enjoy doing because they love what they do.. we share and encourage :) The important thing is to be yourself and don't lose sight of why you began blogging in the first place!

Why do you blog?

You Might Also Like

14 COMMENTS

  1. I really like it when bloggers take the time to share the story behind their reason for blogging. Like you, I also started my blog to meet new people. I also love writing (it's pretty obvious since I tend to type at least 500 words in one post, oops!)

    It's also my therapy. Blogging gets me through the hard days :)

    Most of all, I love the sense of community that bloggers established over the last couple of years. It is such a nice feeling to know that there are a lot of people who share the same interests and hobbies!

    Gia @ Lovely Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo agree with this girl :) i blog for the same reasons, a sense of community, putting your voice out there and meeting fabulous people! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to remind yourself that there is a purpose to all of this. The sharing and community that blogging brings along with it is seriously inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go you! I love to blog because it is a way to share all the things I love with others who love the same things. Blogging puts you in a different special community.

    Keep up the good work!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I wish more people would share their reason behind blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! I have had my newer blog for a few months now and was trying to get a feel for what I write. Then it dawned on me... write for myself. If I write for myself it'll make me happy, even if I don't have a ton of readers. It sounds obvious, but it took a while to come to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started my blog because I needed something to keep me positive. I like having it because I deal with a lot of emotional issues and having a blog helps me keep an eye for the happier moments in life.

    Free stuff is nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post, people ask me all the time why I blog - the giveaways are a great perk!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I blog because i like to write and I like the social interaction it makes being home alone all day bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post! its such a good reminder to self check why we blog. Whats our motivation and focus. I love to do it as a creative outlet whether writing or designing new things. I think you have great thing going on your blog.

    newest follower openspaces

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. I am with you with the relationships and friendships. I never thought I would be able to be part of such an amazing community of women and friends, such a blessing. And I love your reference to a sports team, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i feel like i am constantly asking myself this question, and the really simple answer is because i love it. sometimes i get caught up with who is reading and commenting or not and how behind i am with posts, and it stresses me out. i have to step back and remember to blog because i love it and not worry so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing! Your blog redesign looks awesome btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html

    Also,My daughter, Kisha, also is taking over Fill In the Blank Fridays. The person doing it has decided she can't do it anymore so Kisha is now doing it. Her first one is today. Would love for you to join us there also. It's a fun one. Her blog ishttp://www.kjaggers.com/2013...

    You can also go to her page and at the to sign up for a reminder on both of these each week
 Have a wonderful evening. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!