Do What Makes You Happy

February 20, 2013


Photo taken off my Instagram & turned into a quote. 

Time is something I have always seemed to take for granted. I don't know what it is, but I have always had the mind set that whatever it is can wait until tomorrow. I learned at an early age that there is a word for that and it's called procrastination as my mother would tell me more often than not. As I have gotten older and entered the world of adulthood I have finally come to terms with the fact that time is valuable and any second wasted is one that I'll never get back. I especially find that statement to be true with this new job because I am not able to go and do as I please anymore and in turn forces me to get things done when time allows, which in my case is on my days off. The business I work for is open 7 days a week with our busiest times being spring break, summer, and all other holidays so as you can imagine I am now a lot better at managing my precious time with only having 2 days off a week. Time that can be spent snuggled up with my fiance, running along the beach, scheduling much needed appointments, or just to do something I really enjoy is time well spent in my book and has become time that I most look forward to on a weekly basis. 

I encourage you to set some time aside this week and do something that makes you really happy even if it is just diving into a good book for a few minutes or having a good laugh with one of your old friends. Time that is cherished is always time well spent and just might be the get up and go needed to get through the rest of the week :)

You Might Also Like

12 COMMENTS

  1. well written girl!! What are you doing for a new job? Those days we get off are precious!! I seem to never have enough time in a day than I get bored with nothing to do on my days off!! Life problems!! Happy Wednesday soon to be Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do something daily that makes me happy rather it's reading, or playing with the dog. :D everyone should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you friend :) Time is important. I take a little each day for special things. Life is too short not to. I'm glad your still enjoying the new job/schedule. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone should always do something once a day for themselves that makes them happy. It's really necessary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said. Live each day as if it were your last! My greatest fear is waking up one day and regretting not taking advantage of an opportunity that was placed in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a procrastinator too! I put off doing so many things. I always end up telling myself I need to do more things I love. I'm glad to hear that you're putting aside more time to do things you love.

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy every free moment you have and soak it up doing something you love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I procrastinate too and I absolutely hate it! I'm always trying to change but it's difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully written! I love the positivity and always looking on the bright side of life!

    xoxo
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!