Easiest Ways to Get Your Blog Out There

March 08, 2013



I have been blogging for a good while now and it has come to my attention that not many people know of all the ways in which you can put your blog out there in order to gain exposure and readers. I for one being one of those beginner bloggers who wasn't well informed of all the ways to help your blog grow so I am taking it upon myself to share the knowledge that is social media and helpful starting advice. Note that it takes time to grow your blog and will require a good amount of work on your part to get the best results. As the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day.


Have an amazing post that is pin worthy? If so than this is a fantastic way to spread your reach by asking readers to pin said post so that others will be more apt to stumble upon it and visit your blog. I have had a few posts that really took off by pinning it, which ultimately helped drive a large amount of traffic to my blog, but the greatest reward for me was seeing all the re-pins and likes. 


I personally love using twitter as a means to help promote my blog and have found that using twitter has really helped my blog grow significantly. Twitter is also a great way to stay up to date with your favorite bloggers as well as stay current with blog happenings. It is seriously the easiest way to communicate with fellow bloggers too and I would recommend using twitter to anyone looking to grow their blog. 


I think having a blog facebook page is a great way to promote your blog and all it's current happenings such as adding your newest posts to announcing advertisement promos and even just to chat with your readers. Facebook is just a great tool to utilize as a blog owner and the fact that you can connect it to your twitter account is pretty awesome as well. 


I am in love with using instagram and I noticed that majority of my followers are blog friends. I am ok with the fact that I have more blog friends them I do real life ones, but seriously instagram can be a great promotional tool for your blog if you use it that way. I find that many people use their instagram daily so say you want to promote your latest giveaway? You can bet that most of your followers will see it and go enter or at least that is what I do :) 


Bloglovin is a great tool to use to keep up with your favorite bloggers posts. I wasn't much for it when I first started blogging but now I don't know what I would do without it. Not only can you follow others blog posts but people can follow along with your posts as well. I have found that so many people love using bloglovin because it is just so easy to navigate and allows you to keep up to date with all the most recent posts. 


Google + is relatively new but I have been using it since the beginning and it has grown on me as of lately. I use it to promote my blog posts primarily, but I have also joined a few groups as well as have took part in numerous google+ video chats. Let me just say it can be a great use of your time if you use it frequently.



This is only used for blogger, but GFC tends to be the main way to keep up with your favorite blogs. I use this way to follow a lot of blogs and the fact that it gets added to my google reader automatically is a plus. 


I am not all that certain how RSS works other than that you need a feed platform like feedblitz or feed burner to use it also, if I'm not mistaken RSS is the main way for readers to subscribe to WP blogs.  I have also noticed that RSS gives you many different options to subscribe through whether it's by email or a google reader. It's an easy way to keep up with your favorite blogs.


Connect & Keep Up with MBCL:

pinterest | twitter | facebook | instagram | bloglovin | google+ | RSS

You Might Also Like

15 COMMENTS

  1. Thanks for the tips, I am slowly building up my bog but right now I am trying to figure out what it is exactly I want for my blog to be. I know I want it to be a way for my family to keep up with us when we move to another state, but trying to figure out I should do make another blog for that or what. Anyways, thanks again for the tips. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great! Cant forget stumbleupon, storylane, tumblr, craftgawker and ravelry as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas! I'm still pretty new around here, and I love hearing ideas from others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post hun! I love using Instagram as well and for the giveaways!!! RSS.... If I have to learn how that world I will but for now, I'm good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't put my hands on Hello Cotton, it's growing too coz' I have seen the badge in many blogs. Will do it once I have the chance. Great tips :)

    www.cutecoconut.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've added you hun and read this post and gonna try to do all of this if I can. but sadly there's not enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've built up most of my traffic by simply finding blogs that I will enjoy reading, reading them because I actually want to, then adding the authors on Twitter and Pinterest (and often Instagram, but that's for when I feel like I "know" them better).

    What some people don't realize is that you can't follow and leave commments just to get numbers - you must give the genuine interest that you want someone to give you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been blogging just a little over two months and I am trying to grow my blog. Your tips are great. I need to figure out Bloglovin. I am using Pinterest, Twitter and Google +.

    I stopped by from Harvest of Friend Blog Hop. I am a new follower.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feedburner makes RSS feed simple to set up, and there are lots of great tutorials out there. It's a great way to keep track of all the blogs I like to read. I've also found that my family and friends (who don't read many blogs) prefer to subscribe via RSS so when I post it goes to their inbox. So many ways to connect!

    ReplyDelete

  11. Great post! New follower here from the blog hop. :)

    http://www.nadanadalimonada.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great post! I needed some easy to follow ideas. I'm trying to expand my blog and I'm not all that computer literate! I set up my RSS feed yesterday, and it was pretty easy!
    Amber
    daydreaming beauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great little post on social media to help grow a blog. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    I'm stopping by because Nykki from Nykki Talks Beauty mentioned your post as one her favorites in this week's Weekly Round-Up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there!! I found your awesome blog from Lipgloss and Crayons :) Thanks for the helpful advice!! I love Instagram and slowly getting more involved with my twitter account to promote. I am now following you, looking forward to seeing more!

    xo Dinah
    www.sunshinesuperglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tips on how to use each source and network on each of them. Do you know if Hellocotton is still up and running? I thought I got an email saying they were going to be closing down their site. I might be wrong...maybe it was a hoax mail. = /

    Irish of Dedicated 2 Life

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Follow My Beautiful Crazy Life!

FEATURED POST

Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening s...

QUOTE

QUOTE