Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

August 12, 2013



 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening snacks. I've never been much of a sweets person and to me banana bread is somewhat less sweet than most other desserts which is probably why I love it so much. If you were to ask me to choose between having an ice cream sundae or banana bread, banana bread would always win and today I'm sharing with you my favorite recipe ever. It probably isn't the healthiest banana bread recipe ever, however the amount of each ingredient can always be reduced as well as substituted for other ingredients as desired.

[Makes 2 loafs]

1 1/2 c. sugar 
2 c. flour 
2 sticks margarine, melted
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1tsp baking soda
1/4 c. water
1/2 c. walnuts [optional]

Heat oven to 350 degrees. While waiting for it to heat up,  add the melted margarine, eggs, and bananas into the mixer and let that get beat down until the bananas are completely smashed. Next, just add all the remaining ingredients with walnuts of course being optional and beat it in your mixer until the consistency is somewhat thick and smooth. All thats left to do now is find yourself two bread pans, filling each one up half way and then put it in the oven to bake 55 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. 


You Might Also Like

11 COMMENTS

  1. YUM. I am a huge banana bread fan too and you have inspired me to make some tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana bread. I have a family recipe I always use. Sometimes I buy bananas and just let them get brown so I have an excuse to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made me want to make this & will be soon - keep an eye out for it on my blog :P - One question, how much is a stick of margerine.. we don't have the sticks in the UK just the tubs of 'stork' (butter for cakes)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE banana bread, and I'm always looking for new recipes! Pinning for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really its nice and informative post with unique content so thanks for sharing such a useful information.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY!!! =) I love banana bread! =) Thanks for sharing it at the Pinterest Power Party! Happy Friday!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I come from the blog of Diana Rambles, I love your blog, very nice and interesting. I leave the link to my blog and if you like we can keep the contact. Besitos.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Follow My Beautiful Crazy Life!

FEATURED POST

Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening s...

QUOTE

QUOTE