Wedding Planning [Save the Date]

August 07, 2013


It's already August and to say that we have done a lot of wedding planning would be a lie. In our defense though the wedding is still 10 months away and although I have had good intentions life decided to throw me a monkey wrench that came in the form of surgery. Luckily, I have a maid of honor who is all over this wedding planning business and has been searching high and low for bridesmaids dresses. It is surprising to me how hard it is to find bridesmaids dresses in the color mint. Isn't mint like the new color obsession right now? Aside from choosing our wedding party, deciding on the location of the ceremony + reception hall, and picking our colors, we haven't done much else. 

I also spent the last couple of days looking around for the perfect save the date card. Eric and I settled on sending out online save the dates because they are inexpensive and only require our guests email address which saves me from the hassle of addressing 100+ envelopes. It didn't take much to convince me to go the online route considering we are paying for majority of our wedding ourselves and in the whole scheme of things, a save the date is simply just a date. I was extremely excited to find the perfect one so quickly and to say that I LOVE it would be an understatement. I don't know what it is about black and white but I seriously love everything about it! 

I couldn't resist showing you guys an exclusive sneak peek at our lovely save the dates!
What is the etiquette of sending out save the dates?
How far in advance should these be sent out?

I'd love to know how far in advance you sent out your save the dates :)


You Might Also Like

14 COMMENTS

  1. I love it!!! We didn't have a big wedding so I never sent out save the dates. I know my sister in law sent hers out 6 month prior to the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sent ours out about 6 months before the wedding and then the invites about 8 weeks out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding bridesmaids dresses was harder for me than my dress! Your save the date looks amazing! We are sending ours out at the 6 month mark, but I know people who have sent them out at 8 months because they had more out of town guests than in town guests who needed more notice to make travel plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How weird that you can't find mint dresses! Maybe you can find a custom place that lets you pick out the dresses and have them dyed?

    I would definitely send out your "save the dates" as early as possible--ten months is not too early if you have guests who will be traveling out of town, taking time off work, etc. Six months should be the minimum. The more time people have to prepare, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is something that I am wondering about right now! We are getting married on June 7 of next year and I keep hearing that you should send out the Save the Dates 9 months before. That just seems so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always heard 4-6 months before the wedding. I love the sneak peak! We sent our out at about 4 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, you are getting married only one week before we are! :)

    We have already sent ours out, but it's because 70% of our wedding guests will be from abroad, so we wanted them to start planning their trips!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your save the dates, they look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! So much fun! Hubby and I just got married in February. I posted a blog on the breakdown of our budget and the entire wedding process. You can read at theficherafamily.blogspot.com

    Also, in answer to your question, I think we sent out our save the dates 3-4 months before the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bridesmaids dresses does seem to be one of the hardest things! When one of my closest friends got married we had the hardest time finding dresses that fit her colour scheme. We were looking for purple dresses but couldn't find the right shade. And this wasn't the first time I'd heard of this problem. I'm convinced that finding bridesmaids dresses first and then building a colour scheme around them is the way to go!

    The preview looks awesome! You must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh i love the idea of doing save the dates on line, so easy!!! cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We didn't do save the dates. If I had thought about online save the dates maybe I would have. Good luck with finding the mint dresses. You still have time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Follow My Beautiful Crazy Life!

FEATURED POST

Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening s...

QUOTE

QUOTE