..but as for me I will always have hope

May 28, 2014



It has been a rough last few months for both E and I with finding out his dad has cancer and then just last week my dad having a stroke just weeks from our wedding day + on top of everything we still have tons of small wedding details to get finished. E also graduated with his Environmental Engineering degree just a few days before my dad was airlifted to the hospital so we have been praying hard that he will receive a job offer soon. 

"Be strong and courageous . Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
 - Joshua 1:9

I have never felt more emotionally and physically exhausted as I have this entire month but I know that God never gives us more than we can handle. God knows the plan for our lives long before we were born and although at times it's hard to understand I know there is a reason for everything. I put my trust in the Lord and have faith that everything will work out like it should. 

Throughout it all, I am incredibly blessed that God placed E in my life and I feel that with everything that we have been through this year it has helped strengthen us as a couple. He knows just the right things to say or do to keep me smiling even on the not so brightest of days. In just 25 days we'll be married and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and soul mate.

I guess the hardest part to grasp from all of this is the timing, but I know God's timing is always perfect. However, there is not a day that goes by that I don't say a prayer for my dad for a quick recovery so that he can walk his little girl down the aisle.

"This is what the Lord says: I have heard your prayer and I will heal you." - 2 Kings 20:5


You Might Also Like

6 COMMENTS

  1. Keeping you all in my prayers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im praying girl, he WILL be there to walk you down the aisle. Hang in there, timing never seems as the way we planned it but there's a reason behind everything. (even though we don't see it or understand it right away.) I know your getting so excited about the wedding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry friend, who knows why some things happen. But Im praying for peace for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got married in February and I can remember all the little things we were doing the weeks before. Praying for the health of a loved one should NOT be one of those things and is totally not fair. As tough as it is, try to cherish this time. It may be a season of difficulty, but it is also the end of a big chapter of your life before marriage. I will be praying for you, your soon-to-be husband and both your dads! Trust in the Lord, even in times of struggle and all will be well <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you! It is so hard to relinquish that control...I pray that your dad heals and can walk you down the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there!

    I just came across your blog. I had the opportunity to read your recent post and sorry for everything you are going through. I also believe that god never gives us more than we can handle, keep strong :) Consider me your newest follower.

    Happy Sunday
    Rosy @ A Joyful Kind of Life

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!