Bachelorette Weekend

June 08, 2014



Last weekend was my bachelorette weekend in Austin and let me just say it was the bombdiggity & yes I just used that word in a sentence. In all seriousness, it was epic and almost too good to be true. We spent the weekend in a cute condo complex along zilker lake just minutes from downtown Austin. My maid of honor threw me a pure romance/lingerie party once everyone arrived on Friday night complete with bottomless wine which was the best way to spend the first night of my bachelorette party in my opinion.  

The next day we all got up and headed to the Texas Rowing Center where we spent the morning paddle boarding down Lady Bird Lake. It was perfect and not quite as hard as I thought it might be which in turn gave us our workout for the day while at the same time having a blast. If you're ever in the Austin area I recommend giving this a try, totally worth it. Afterward, we stopped at a place called Juiceland and had some hydrating smoothies and freshly squeezed juice.  The rest of the day was spent at the pool chit chatting and drinking mango-rita's until it was time to get ready for the night. 

The only complaint I had about getting ready with 5 other girls was the fact that the water heater seemed to be going out because after one person showered there was hardly any hot water left which sucked, but we managed to all get ready before our dinner reservation at 7:30. If I'm not mistaken, I'd say we clean up well :) It was funny how everywhere we went people would stop to look at me and I could hear them saying, "her dress is so shiny." Hey, at least I got a lot of congratulations all night. 

Our dinner reservations were at Botticelli's on South Congress and everything was absolutely superb.  It was an added bonus that we got a free limoncello shot before dinner in celebration of me :) 

Of course we ended the night celebrating on the infamous 6th street where free drinks were being poured endlessly due to our awesome mardi gras masks we made the night before. We went to a few bars before making our way to AMPed where we got asked to be VIPS with a group of guys who were celebrating their friends bachelor party. We were treated with bottle service all night long and the rest of the night was history. 

My bachelorette weekend was amazing, my best friends are amazing, and I am so amazingly blessed by all their support and love they have shown toward E and I throughout our relationship. I can't wait to marry my best friend in just 12 more short days :)

You Might Also Like

6 COMMENTS

  1. This looks like such an amazing time! Love your cake haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! I love your swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're bachelorette weekend in Austin looked amazing! I'm happy you had so much fun! I love your dress & bikini, you're such a little beauty queen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous weekend for sure!!! You looked beautiful in the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun, I love that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered your blog, love it! Your party looks like fun, especially the airstream ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!