With A Thankful Heart [Happy Father's Day]

June 14, 2014


(these pictures were taken back in September, 9 months before him having a stroke.)

This is going to be a very hard post for me to write but tears of joy stream down my face as I type. It has been a very overwhelming month around here with my father having suffered a stroke, however, throughout this trying time I have learned what it really means to be thankful for what you have in your life. It seems like sometimes we get so caught up in life that we take all the little things for granted. It's not until something life changing happens that you begin to realize that there is so much to be grateful for in this life. I will always be grateful to God for allowing my dad to spend another Father's day with us as well as for giving him the capabilities to overcome this adversity. In fact just the other day he felt the urge to move his left leg; (his paralyzed side) so he did and moved it around all day until it was too worn out to move anymore. It's the little things.

A note for you on this Father's Day:

I have always admired you for being such a hard worker as well as for always keeping your faith when times seem to get tough. I can remember as a child all the times you would tuck us into bed and say the child's prayer with jay and I or all the times you'd give me your motivational pep talks before all my cross country and track meets; which are both things I'll always hold on to forever. You have always been such a great influence in my life and I thank you for always supporting me and encouraging me to reach for the stars.  You are such an extremely selfless person who has a fun-loving personality to go right along with your down to earth attitude + you have always had the coolest mustache around.  I know Jacob would agree with me in saying this too, you are the strongest man we know and we couldn't be more blessed to have you as our father :) We hope that your day is as great as you are! Love you to the moon and back dad!

You Might Also Like

4 COMMENTS

  1. What a sweet note to your dad! I am glad he is slowly making improvements. Sounds like a fighter.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post!!! :) Your Dad is a fighter for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you were able to spend Father's Day with your Dad! Looks like y'all made some fun memories <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Follow My Beautiful Crazy Life!

FEATURED POST

Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening s...

QUOTE

QUOTE