Hello Keurig 2.0

September 23, 2014


Disclosure: I received these products on behalf of Influenster for the purpose of this review, however all opinions are honest and 100%  my own. 


It's officially the first day of fall and you know what that means? It's the season to indulge in copious amounts of specialty coffee and apple cider. I can't be the only one who feels this way right? I mean come on; coffee, cider, and fall just seem to go hand in hand. Last night I decided to treat myself to a nice cup of specialty coffee using my new Keurig 2.0. and let me tell you it. was. delicious. 

The Keurig 2.0 comes in 3 different styles each with their own unique features. I received the K550 for the purpose of this review (insert squeal) making me one happy coffee-loving gal. A few of my favorite features include the 80 oz water reservoir, the large color touch display, hot water on demand, and the customizable night light in the water reservoir. I also love that it allows you to determine the strength of your coffee, has a water filter, and a programmable clock for your early morning convenience. However, the coolest part has to be the new carafe feature that differentiates this product from the previous models. We are all familiar with the Keurig's that make single cups of coffee, but now I am able to brew 4 cups of coffee at once, score! It's also worth mentioning that with purchasing this product via Keurig you will receive a variety of 6 K-Cup packs and K-Carafe packs.

It really is an awesome coffee brewer, however my only qualm with this product is it requires you to use the proprietary k-cup, which means I can no longer use my reusable k-cup. It's interesting to say the least, but it will not work if it isn't compatible. You'll receive an error message on the screen directing you to change the cup, so goodbye generic k-cup brands. On the plus side, with over 250 varieties and 40 brands to choose from you can't ever go wrong. Besides, it's as easy as looking for the white outer ring with the black Keurig-brewed seal on the k-cup lid to determine whether it will work. However, with the Carafe, you'll be looking for the dark rim and the noticeable green dot on the lid. Easy Peasy!  Overall, I love this product and look forward to using it this fall season! #hellokeurig

You Might Also Like

6 COMMENTS

  1. It looks like a really cool Keurig. So let me get this right, you cannot use 'generic' k-cups, like Target brand? I didn't think the cups were any different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks fantastic! I'm obsessed with my Keurig, and would love to use this new model for parties to brew larger batches at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was bummed to discover the error message as well - all the cups look the same So why don't the generic ones work?? I was still excited for my free Kuerig but annoyed I have to get the brand name cups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been debating buying a Keurig and your post is making me want one even more. This new looks really fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that settled it for me. I absolutely will not use any product that requires you to only use their proprietary (overpriced) cartridges. I would love a Keurig, but will buy the original model when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!