No Tricks All Treats [Recipe]

October 28, 2014



I created these cute little treats last year, but they are just so cute I wanted to share it again in case you didn't get a chance to see them last Halloween. These cute pumpkins would make the best treat for your upcoming Halloween parties or could even act as a great children's activity for those of you who might not be heading out on Halloween night. I seriously had a blast creating these and even had a great arm workout in the process. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!

[makes nine medium sized pumpkins]

1/2 tsp vanilla extract
red & yellow food coloring or orange gel coloring
3 tbsp. butter 
5 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
6 c. crispy rice cereal
Mini tootsie rolls
mini M&M's and candy corn

For this recipe you do as you would making regular rice crispy treats by simply melting your butter in a medium sized pan and then adding the vanilla extract as well as the mini marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted and then add the red and yellow food coloring until you get the orange shade you desire. Next you'll combine the crispy rice cereal in your pot and stir until the cereal is evenly coated with your marshmallow mixture. Last but not least, spray your hands with baking spray and roll them into pumpkiny shapes where you'll then decorate them to look like a pumpkin.

You Might Also Like

5 COMMENTS

  1. I love this so much that I'm throwing it into my Halloween Roundup post over at apeachykeenblog.blogspot.com :) Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEek I love the use of the Tootsie Rolls. I'd almost be sad to eat these lil cuties. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!! I wish I had seen these last week when I was trying what to make for the amazing people that make my coffee (yes, I have a weird relationship with the people that make my coffee every morning). I ended up just putting a bunch of candy in a cute Halloween bucket to give them. This would have been way better! Oh well, maybe next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, these little pumpkins are so cute! My kids would love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SOOOOOOOO cute!!! I wish I had time to make some this week :)
    Stopping by from our facebook group!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Follow My Beautiful Crazy Life!

FEATURED POST

Sue's Banana Bread Recipe

 Banana bread has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember eating it as a little girl with a huge glass of milk for my mid evening s...

QUOTE

QUOTE