Artist in the Making..

December 11, 2011


It's the day before my finals and look what I've been up to!
Using my right brain instead of the left obviously.

It has been quite a while since I've picked up a brush.
Matter of fact, I haven't even looked at them or thought about painting for quite sometime.
However, I woke up this morning in an artistic mood.


This piece of art is inspired by the art work demonstration that I saw on Amanda's blog over at For Love of a Cupcake. It happened to be a guest post done by Jessie who blogs over at I'm a Wife and Mama Now.  It was such a lovely piece of artwork, I couldn't help but try it myself.  It is so simple to create, and it turns out looking marvelous. 
I used acrylic paint w/ a touch of glitter on a 8x10 canvas.


This was all hand drawn by me, and turned out so awesome.  I have been wanting to create a piece of art that had a bird sitting on a branch, but I've just been too lazy to do so.  The bible verse is one of my favorites, and it fit the picture all too perfectly! 
This too is acrylic on canvas.

One day I have hopes of creating my own etsy shop full of wonderful artistic creations, but until than i'll continue to show you them instead. 

Have a wonderful Sunday :)

You Might Also Like

9 COMMENTS

  1. YAYYYY I LOVE yours!! Thank you SO much for trying it, and letting me know. So glad my tutorial worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I love your paintings! I've seen something like this on Pinterest and have been meaning to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful. I am a big bird enthusiast so I love the painting of a bird. The Bible verse is also great. Positive message. I wish you success in your finals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bird! New follower from the hop! Would you follow me back?
    evescrochet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool piece, great color combo, too. Keep up the painting and hope to see you on etsy sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great :) Thank you for joining us at creative Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOO Stinkin cute!! Thanks for linking up to SLEEPY SUNDAY!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love