Christmas is Near :)

December 06, 2011


Happy Tuesday Ladies :)

I know my post is a little late in the day, but i've been busy all morning making candy with Sandra (my future mother in law) & the ladies of our church. It was a lot of fun! All of us ladies each made different candies, such as fudge, peanut brittle, and cake lollipops(like the ones at Starbucks.) We also had a cookie exchange where we each made cookies to bring, and then we all took each others home. We have so many sweets that there won't have to be any made during the Holidays, or so i'm thinking. :)


Some of the types of cookies that people brought were: Gingersnaps, Cake box cookies, Jam thumbprints(Sandra made these), Peanut butter blossoms, Pecan tarts, and Orange balls. These ladies are all just so amazing, and are quite the little bakers as well :) I didn't get a picture of all of us at work because my camera was dead at the time, but here are all the goodies that were exchanged.

Today, is also Day 7 of the Holiday Blog Challenge, in which the topic is.. 
How do you celebrate the Holidays?


For as long as I can remember, I've spent Christmas at my Grandma's(Dad's mom) house. This is the only time of the year I get to see everyone all together. My Grandma is the sweetest lady, and LOVES cooking. She does the entire dinner (well maybe not the turkey) as well as all the baking. She is one of those ladies who makes everything under the planet from pies to trash(home made chex mix), and any kind of fudge imaginable. I love spending Christmas at my Grandma's for two reasons..
 1) Everyone is all together for once
 2) It's always as great as the year prior.

I also do Christmas with my boyfriend and his parents before I leave to go back home for the Holidays.  
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years now, and with me living 6 hours away from our hometown, I never get to spend it with him. Even when we did live only 45 minutes away from each other I always did my family thing and he did his.. but we always made time to have our own little Christmas. It worked out that now I live with his family, so I can have Christmas with them & then with my family. However, when we get married it'll be a different story that'll just have to be worked out when the time comes :)


I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday :) 
Don't forget to link up & share your holiday celebrations!

You Might Also Like

4 COMMENTS

  1. I've always wanted do a cookie swap, they always seem so fun! That's nice you get to enjoy Christmas with your bf even if it is a little early! And you are right, its a different story once youre married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh all those treats look amazing! Its great that you will get to celebrate with your bf this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you had a "Sweet exchange." My mom and I are planning one in two weeks and we're really excited. I've never really hosted a cute event at my own home so I want to make it really special.

    Enjoy your sweets! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when the whole family can be together! So special! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love