Best Date Ever :)

January 29, 2012

Happy Monday Everyone! 
Today I'm participating in the fabulous valentines challenge in which the topic is:
Best Date Ever!

I happen to have so many great dates with the love of my life, but after much consideration I decided on the date in which we had the most pictures of course :)

Where might this date of taken place?
No other than an amazing getaway to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico!

Isn't this view Amazing?
Eric and I have spent the last two summers at the same resort in Mexico because we absolutely love the total relaxation that overcomes you while you are there. It's amazing!
What's even better though is that our anniversary [Year's of being together] falls on June 21 and that happened to be the week we went the first time to Mexico!
What a lucky coincidence that was because we certainly didn't plan it.
 Anyways let's talk about this date.
It was romantic.
It was perfect.
It was a dream come true.

If your not familiar with how resort specialty restaurants work, you book the nights you want to have those dinners the moment you arrive. If you don't book dinners than you are left eating at the buffet, which is still good, but not as delightful! This specific resort has 6 specialty restaurants.
So there we are booking a lovely Italian dinner for none else than our 2 year anniversary. 
How cool is that?

Attire:

Beachy & Fabulous!
My favorite combination!

The Italian dinner was perfect. It was formal [as formal as a beach town gets], yet had a very relaxed environment. It was the perfect romantic date with the mariachi band playing music specially for our table. The food was fabulous and the wine was great. However, I'm sure I didn't have much wine, rather I was probably the one sucking down the Pina Coladas. They are tastier.  This was also the first time that either of us tried calamari, let me tell you, it was delicious. Everything was fantastic!
 I mean come on we were in paradise, on a date, on the day of our anniversary, with none other than ourselves. It doesn't get much better than that!


                    Eric and I before Dinner.                           Didn't I tell you I was drinking Pina Coladas
                      We look so young.                                      After our date strolling down the beach.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these are Love"
                                                                                                                         1 Corinthians 13:13


1) Don't forget to enter my giveaway [here]
2) Have a fantastic Monday!



Miscellany Monday @
lowercase lettersValentine’s Day Challenge

You Might Also Like

20 COMMENTS

  1. What a fun memory :) You both do look so young!!!! But Fabulous of course!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win. :) No one can beat a date in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo that makes me want to go to Mexico, right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh i love this! im going to mexico for my honeymoon :) def a great date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, love this. We went to Playa Del Carmen for our honeymoon...I want to go back RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a doll! Looks like so much fun. I need to be at the beach ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are great, such a good date/anniversary story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you look great in that dress! Love the beach shot!!

    Head over to my Made My Day Monday Blog Link-Up today! Get new followers and share your event that made your day!!

    http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That IS definitely a fabulous date!!

    Thanks for linking up with us for the Valentines Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw, what a fun date night. and to spend it in mexico? can't go wrong!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!! I'm stopping by to say hello from the Mingle Monday blog hop. I hope you'll check out my blog Frazzled Mama at http://frazzled-mama.com and follow me back. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This date sounds FANTASTIC!! Found your blog through the VDay challenge and am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How romantic! Really wishing I could get away to mexico with my hubby soon! Much needed vacay!

    xo.Britt
    www.themagnoliapair.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that story! Mexico is always so much fun too!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to go to Mexico so bad! It looks so beautiful! I think its nice to also go to places you have been before so you know exactly what you want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the best date! : ) I want to be there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ummm yeah i would say that is the best date ever! you both look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to go to Playa Del Carmen SOOO badly!
    And you and your Eric are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best date/s ever! haha
    Love your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh I'm so jealous - Mexico looks like it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love