Don't Worry, Be Happy!

January 13, 2012





As I sit here thinking worrying about college starting back up Tuesday!
Mostly about how 18 hours seems like a complete nightmare.
I begin to think about all the reasons not to worry about it.
It seems silly to be worrying about such a small thing in life, doesn't it?
But than again is college such a small thing?
The place where you go to gain knowledge and a career to begin your future!
Life is too short to be anything but happy, so why fret over it!
I keep asking myself this question almost every day.

Don't Let Your Heart Be Troubled
This was my devotional today and it got me thinking again.
As I go through life I should be embracing every minute of it!
I shouldn't worry about what is for lunch, or how I'm going to fit homework into my schedule.
For He will help me to forget my worries as long as I put my faith and trust in Him!

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
                                                                                                                     John 14:1

It is possible to not let your heart be troubled because Jesus wouldn't have told us this if it weren't possible. All things are possible through Christ our Lord.
It may not be easy and there may be days that I feel at a stand still.
But as long as I keep telling myself that God is on my side, I will make it through another semester.
Here are some comforting verses that set my mind at ease :)


"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength"
                                                                                                       Philippians 4:13 

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done."
                                                                                 Philippians 4:6

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
                                                                                                   John 14:27

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" 
Romans  8:31



I hope that you all have a wonderful and worry free weekend :)




You Might Also Like

18 COMMENTS

  1. School can be a very stressful thing in our lives and it is easy to worry about it...because it IS so important. However, you are dead on! We need to trust God to take care of all the worries in our lives. No matter what they are, He has got it under control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil. 4:6 is one of my favorite verses. I am a worrier and work hard to trust that God is in complete control. Hoping this weekend is relaxing and that you can feel prepared for school to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! I'm a worrier too! Good luck with classes this semester, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I awarded you The Versatile Blogger Award :-) You can see what that means here: http://emmaloeskow.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award-cute-blog-award.html. Hopefully I can distract you from your worries for a few minutes xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog, and I have to say, it's totally adorable! Want to follow each other?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am obsessed with both quotes on your post. seriously so true. i love your blog, it inspires me!!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I'm stopping over from Captivated By Grace! So happy to have found your blog. This post is beautiful, thanks for sharing.

    katelyn-innervision.blogspot.com

    - Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so true and just what I needed to read this morning. Classes start for me on Thursday. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Breanna! Best wishes for this semester! :)

    xo -S

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely needed to read this post today. Thank you for all the reminders. God is great and we can get through anything with Him. I am totally with you with school starting back up. All we have to do is take it one day at a time :)

    Oh, by the way! I'm a new follower and I adore your blog!

    xo, gina

    anythingimaginbleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for stopping by today! I really love your post, esp the Worry Quote! I hope you'll join me this week for Inspire Me Monday and share what's inspiring you this week!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post about strength in difficult times. It's great that you seek Him and not the pleasures of this world. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't worry girl, everything always works out. I always tell myself God will take care of me and I am "too blessed to be stressed". Btw, I tagged you in a blog game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post! College can be trying no matter your age. My son is your age and had to pause from college because the culture there was too much shock for his (our) religious views. Be strong!

    And now my husband is singing along with your blog! :)

    New follower from the hop. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. this was such a great post, its so true!

    Although God has been so good to us lately there are those details that we're waiting to fall in place, like Nashville really feeling like home...we want it so badly! We worry about if it will completely, and I'm on the job hunt....its hard not to worry!

    Thanks so much for sharing this.


    Also, when I was in college, when I had 18 credit hour semesters I thought it was going to be so completely terrible that I built it up so much in my head, that when the actual work load arrived, it couldn't live up to how bad I had imagined it, it felt like a piece of cake because I had spent so much time worrying about it!


    You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful message! Thank you for sharing it and for linking it up on our Sunday's Virtues Inspirational messages linky!

    I wish you the best of luck with college this semester! My husband just returned to college...again...and I really don't enjoy the 'college life' being married with kids, it was wonderful when I was single, but things are different after the kids come. But I've noticed things always go much smoother when I don't worry about how the bills will be paid, or if the husband will have enough "quiet time" to get his homework done; but if I just trust in the Lord that this is His will, and He will provide a way for it to happen, I'm much happier and things always work out!

    JadeLouise Designs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy to be your newest follower visiting from the Say Hi blog hop. Thank you so much for such an inspiring post.

    Given this post and your profile, we think you'd love See Beautiful too.

    http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

    Happy seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! One of my goals for this year is to worry less. I spend so much time worrying about how I'm going to get something done or what's going to happen tomorrow. It's so easy to forget that God's got it all under control. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love