Guest Post: Lauren [Recipe]

January 06, 2012


Today I have for you Lauren!
She is adorable & I absolutely love reading her blog!
She always has fun and interesting posts!
You should hop on over and follow her to see for yourself :)

Take it away :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Lauren and I blog over at the merry mrs. mobley. I am so excited to be guest posting for the wonderful Breanna here today!

Growing up, Saturday mornings were special at our house. It was the only time all week we were able to slowly wake up and enjoy breakfast. We weren't shoving food in our mouths as we raced out the door to the bus! Almost every Saturday The Momma would make this delicious dessert-for-breakfast treat. Let me know what y'all think!

1 can refrigerated biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cups)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease bundt pan.
Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized bag.
Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and place 6-8 pieces in cinnamon sugar mix.
Shake well.
Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan.
Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan.
(If you are using raisins, place them among the biscuits as well)
In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat.
Boil for 1 minute.
Pour over layered biscuits.
Bake for 35 minutes.
Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate.
Pull apart and enjoy!

Torn biscuit pieces coated in cinnamon sugar mix.

Boiled butter and brown sugar concoction.

Mmm, smells so yummy!

The finished product!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Lauren for sharing this delicious breakfast treat :)
I can't wait to try it myself!
You should scoot on over & say hello!
Now :)

You Might Also Like

7 COMMENTS

  1. Wow, I have not seen anything like this! Looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where I live they call it monkey bread. And it's soooooo good. :)
    -wHiT

    blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its MONKEY BREAD!!

    This recipe is a little different from the ones I've seen though. I'll have to try it.

    Thank you Lauren, and Breanna for having her post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, oh my, this looks delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog! This looks delicious!! Can't wait to read more of your blog. I hope you'll check mine out as well! :)

    xo

    MacKensie
    http://mackensieg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boss makes something like this for potlucks and it is SO GOOD. She makes her a bit differently though, so I am excited to try this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love