I need your help...

February 05, 2012


on finding a face cleaning regiment!
Yes, you read that right!
I've never shared anything this personal about myself, but here goes nothing.
I have suffered lived with acne since well the beginning of high school, maybe even before that!
I would wear make up constantly in an effort to hide it.
but than it got to a point where I just didn't care..
I didn't care what you thought of me..
or how I looked..

It's getting considerably better the older I get.
However, there are still the occasional blemishes here and there.
But the worst part is...
I have scarring from all those years of trying to make due with what God gave me.

I have tried many skin products over the last few years.
but I just can't seem to find one that actually works with my overly excessive oily face :(
Acne has in a way became a part of my life, but I've learned how to deal with it!
It's one of those things that you can't let define you.
I find it easier & easier to go about my daily life without the constant reminder that I may have a huge zit on my face because I know I am not the only one who has this problem.
It's common.
It happens.
Live with it, right?

I have & I will continue to.
That being said.. Monday I have a microderm appointment.
In case you don't know what a microdermabrasion is..
it is a process that removes the outermost layer of your skin, dead skin to be exact.
This is where you come in..
I need help on deciding what to do with my face after that point.
I want to start anew..
I need a facial regiment that will help better my skin.

I realize everyone's skin is different, but I just need some suggestions 
because I am running out of things to try.


You Might Also Like

10 COMMENTS

  1. You are not the only one with blemishes! You HAVE to let me know how the microdermabrasion goes! I started using proactiv last summer and it helped my skin a lot. I've also heard that just washing your face twice a day with the dove beauty bar is a really good thing also, because it's not so hard on your skin! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://gingerpeacht.blogspot.com/2012/01/oh-how-much-i-love-sephora.html

    My latest on a new skin care. I've had bad breakouts forever and I've tried many things. Read that post and see how it can benefit you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this in the morning and the evening :) Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since the months leading up to my wedding, I started breaking out like never before. I had little bumps all over my forehead and around my mouth and chin area. I was also breaking out on my chest and back.. it was terrible! I thought it was stressed mixed with me working out and sweating more. But it's been almost 2 years since the wedding and it hasn't gotten better. I've tried everything.. benzoyl peroxide, Proactiv (which worked for the most part but then stopped working after about 2 or 3 months), and I even bought a Clarisonic. I had a terrible "purge" with the Clarisonic when I started using it, but it really does make your skin look and feel healthier, plus it gets a lot of your make up off that regular face washing doesn't. Even after all this, I was still having issues, so I spoke to my doctor about it when I was at my annual physical a few weeks ago and she prescribed with a topical cream/gel that I put on once a day after washing my face with my normal face wash. It's slowly starting to help, my skin isn't clear yet, but it's come a long way and I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end.

    I wash my face with Philosophy's Purity using my Clarisonic and then I apply the prescribed cream/gel from the doctor before bedtime.

    I feel your pain and it stinks that girls in their 20's are dealing with what most believe to be a teenager's problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had what I what seemed to be constant pimples in high school and into college. You're right. My skin also got better with age. I swear by Proactive. It really made a difference when I started using it when I was 21. I've gone off it in the past and when I start using it again, I notice a positive difference right away. It makes your skin feel super clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new follower :) I'm excited to get to know you! xoxo, eliza
    http://asteroid-325.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't have pimples in high school but once i hit my 20's it went crazy for about 6 months. I went to the derm and ended using this stuff call Md Formulations. It was a miracle. I don't know if they make it anymore because once I got it under control I know what I can and can't use. I wash my face regardless and avoid sunscreen unless its made for my face. That is the worst. Sometimes you have to pay alot more for products to heal but it will be worth it. I use Kate Somerville's products and they are pricey but they are wonderful. You can get them on her website or at Sephora I think. Good luck and hugs. Your not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have anyways had problems and tried everything. Nothing has really been working for me still. Right now I'm using something I purchased from Sephora. Not worth it. Best of luck Hun.
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel! I didn't start breaking out until I turned 20. I was working at a restaurant, my face become oily, and as I have gotten older it has gotten a little better. Right after I got married I broke out even more from stress. The only thing I can say is: BE CONSISTENT. Wash your face in the morning and at night. I wouldn't try anything to harsh or wash more than twice a day. If you wash more than twice, it could backfire and make you break out even more.

    In the Morning: I use Neutrogena Purifying Cleanser, astringent, and a mattifying lotion with salicylic acid from Ulta.
    At night: I use Neutrogena Relaxing Facial Scrub, astringent, and a moisturizing lotion from Proactiv.

    Also make sure to wear your hair up at night and wash your pillow case every three days. This will prevent a build up from oil from your face and scalp.

    Also make up is important. I use MAC right now, but I have used Neutrogena skin clearing make up and a translucent powder. This prevents having caked on make up. Make sure you take your make up off at night.I use Simple make up remover towelettes.

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm your newest follower. I would love a follow back at lefthandedideas.com Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love