Guest Post: Vacation Edition [Kristin]

March 10, 2012


Meet Kristin!
Her blog is pretty amazing!
I love all the recipes that she shares; they pretty much draw you in
As for her, she is awesome and definitely someone you must meet!
Just read this post & see for yourself!

Hi all!  I'm Kristin, blogging from Kristin's kNook, and I live in the Anchorage area of Alaska with my husband, Scott.  He's in the Army, and we've been stationed here for the last 2 1/2 years.  I love to talk about food and muse about my ironic life as a very-lower-48ish girl in Alaska. 










Kristin’s kNook

Today I'm going to share my favorite vacations.  Spring break is about vacations, right??


#1  St. Maarten/Anguilla in the Caribbean

After graduating from college, I had the opportunity to visit the Caribbean with a good friend.

If you want a vacation with a capital V, go to the Caribbean.

Warm weather, food that was to-die-for, and sights that made your eyes hurt they were so pretty.  And the drinks?  Let's just say the alcohol was the best I've ever had.  Melon colada, anyone??

My friend, Melissa, and I
I'm at peace when I'm tan and warm.  When my feet won't get cold in flip-flops at night.  When I can wear shorts day after day without even the thought of "taking a sweater, just in case".

Ahhh...the beach.
#2 A good old-fashioned road trip
In our 3 years together, my husband and I have been on several.  PA to Oklahoma.  PA to Alaska.  PA to Maine.
May 2011-my favorite day in Alaska (yes, there was one) because it was 90 degrees (must have been a freak accident)
Who does not love a good road trip?  I enjoy it all.  Eating at fun restaurants.  New sights every day.  Feeling "adventurous".  Yes sir, I'll take it. 

#3 Los Angeles
Last fall, for a friend's wedding, we made a rather impromptu weekend trip to Los Angeles.  It was only three days, but it was the best weekend I can remember in, honestly, years.
Why was it so great?  It was the complete opposite of my everyday.  It was warm.  It was different and new.  It had all the stores and chain restaurants that are only found in the lower 48 (Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Anthropologie, Trader Joe's, Panera, etc.).
This was, hands down, the most relaxing moment of 2011.  85 degrees, getting a tan, wearing shorts, and drinking the most amazing iced coffee ever.
That's what I think a vacation should be.  Something completely out of the ordinary for you.  Something that makes you feel like you really have escaped the daily grind.

So tell me (and Breanna!).  What have your favorite vacations been?  Are they incredibly exotic?  Or are you, like me, just happy to break away from the ordinary for awhile?





Thanks Kristin for sharing your awesome vacations with us :)
Don't forget to stop by & show her some love! 

You Might Also Like

7 COMMENTS

  1. Oh Alaska, what a beautiful place I sure bet the warmer weather on your Vacays was wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! I'm going to the Caribbean in may :)
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I'm going to Hawaii in 2 weeks and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! You are too lucky to be able to go to all of these places!! :) I want to go to the Caribbean so bad!
    -Anna
    asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw such pretty photos! nice to meet you kristin! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice pics
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing about this information. That's nice and interesting, I like it.
    vacation rentals in orlando florida

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love