Do What You Love: [Cloud Nine Designz]

July 13, 2012


Hi everyone, I'm Mandee and I blog over at Life, Chaos and Quotes and today I am filling in for Breanna. I am 31 and have my own business. For the past two years I have had a hobby of making jewelry, greeting cards and wedding invitations for family, friends and some buyers.


 I made some custom orders which are by far my favorite. In January of this year, I lost my job when the company I had worked for the past 6 years closed. I decided it was time to make my hobby into a business and made Cloud Nine Designz LLC, an actual business.


I am not going to say it is easy. It's a lot of work but I love it and I am so happy with it. In the beginning I made a lot of things I thought would sell because it was what everyone else was making. Why did I ever decide to do that? Art is about making what you love. Now, I do not care if everyone or anyone likes what I make, because I love it. Everything I make has a part of me sewn into it. Yes, I get excited when I sell something because it means I can pay part of a bill. But, now that I am making things I love, I am much more happier when it sells. 


I want people to love my items and want to wear/use them. I want you to look at your necklace and remember your wedding or the bracelet that reminds you of the summer your boyfriend told you he loved you for the first time. Memories are extremely important to me and should not be forgotten. And I also give a portion of sales to different charities. Even though I may struggle at times,  I feel it is important to give back when I can. Last month I donated money to a boy, Seph, who has Muscular Dystrophy. I now am making hemp bracelets.


 You can either purchase one made or I can custom make you one in a variety of colors with a word or phrase of your choice and 50% of the proceeds benefit To Write Love On Her Arms.
I am so blessed to be doing what I love and making a difference at the same time. In closing, I want to thank Bree for having me today. And I want to remind you all to go after what you love. I believe it will be the best decision you have ever made and everything else will eventually fall into place. Have a great day everyone! xoxo M

Connect with Mandee:
Blog | Shop | Twitter


You Might Also Like

6 COMMENTS

  1. What a cool shop, Mandee! I'm going to check out your blog :)
    (Thanks for showing us some awesome blogs, Breanna!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will those earrings. I gotta have them!

    xoxo
    Jessa
    http://lifeofasportswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore those earrings!! Found you from the BBU hop :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outlook is inspiring. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading this - your outlook is so refreshing - you obviously love what you do. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love