Happy Independence Day :)

July 04, 2012


Let Freedom Ring!
Story time: When I was in junior high I had an assignment in english class which involved choosing a song, finding all the literary terms, and highlighting/labeling them! We were also supposed to find hidden meaning in the song and explain to the class what our view of the meaning was. Well for whatever reason I chose Independence Day by Martina McBride and to this day this song has a special place in my heart. Mostly because it's such a symbolic and amazing song, but also the fact that after almost 10 years I can still remember an assignment that taught me so much.

So here's the thing it's the fourth of July and I don't own anything patriotic :(
I don't own a red shirt of any kind, and the blue shirts I do have are totally not the right shade.
So as an effort to fix this problem, i'll just pin the patriotic outfits clothing items that I wish I were wearing and hopefully by next year I'll be a bit more prepared. Sounds reasonable right?  The saddest part though is the fact that I'm a Texas gal and our flags colors are Red, White, and Blue! Umm, can you say hello? 

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day :)
















































Linking with:

You Might Also Like

18 COMMENTS

  1. omg I loooove that maxi dress and the sexy white one on the boat with all the bangles. LOVE.
    I juuuuust listened to Independence Day like 10 minutes ago! Love that song. It always gives me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiii! New follower from, well... the follower fest! I'm loving your blog! Hope you'll share the love and come on by my part of the blog-o-sphere!

    kendall
    http://songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey don't worry about not owning anything patriotic.. I'm a military wife and don't own anything of the sorts either! I don't really think I could pull off red, white, and blue! Haha... I am in love with the manicure though! I am totally going to do it! Thanks for sharing!
    Katlyn xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of in the same boat. The most patriotic item of clothing I own is one of those Old Navy flag tees from way back when. And I'm actually in the military. (Haha, I'm kinda relieved that I'm not the only one now after seeing Katlyn's comment!) I guess my uniform counts as patriotic, buuuut we get the day off, so I'm totally NOT wearing mine today. (: Cute pics, girl. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love the patriotic nails and maxi dress so cute, I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July chicka!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the photos. What a cute blog. Just stopping by to say HI! Found your blog via Red, White and You. Looking forward to reading your future post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute outfits! and i <3 the nails!
    Trish @ Tales from ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 4TH of July!

    Following from Dreams Do Come True

    http://happilyeverafter-tiffany.blogspot.com/

    Would love to have you over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, me too - I was looking through my closet today and was having a hard time coming up with an appropriately patriotic outfit! Lol. I have one Old Navy flag tee, but that's about it. I think I'll have to settle for a blue flowered shirt - that's close, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVING that redand white striped skirt!!! I neeeeed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the presentation here: classy, classy, classy, classy, Daisy Dukes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE all the bangles in the photo with the boat!

    Visiting from Red White and You!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW That is a serious arm party to the unth degree in that third picture. Ha! Thanks for linking up lovely lady!! Hope you had a great 4th. XO Courtney <3 BaxtronLife

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post is so not healthy for me to look at....I am coveting everything I see! I love the striped skirt! I love the flag shorts! I love the lace/navy dress! I love the nails!!

    Jealous!

    I want it all! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. we went to a party where we were the only ones not decked out for the day. oh well.

    these are all cute finds! hope you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of this! Especially the shorts and nails!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photos and outfits!!! If only, if only... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely outfits! :) I just found your blog via Link-up your Red, White & YOU blog. I'm a new follower! Hope you will stop by and do the same.! Also I’d love to have you check out my Shabby Apple Giveaway I’m having right now! Hope to see you there, and thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love