Sisterly Love: [The Tape Diaries]

July 12, 2012


Hello, Darlings! I'm Nicole and I blog over at The Tape Diaries

I'm so excited to be here on Breanna's blog - she totally rocks!


I've thought about so many things I could share with you all today: my love of books, my passion for photography, my faith, my obsession with Instagram or possibly just a simple "about me" post.

I decided I would share a bit about my baby sister.

I was almost six when she was born, so I remember the day pretty well. In fact [somewhere] I still have my red Certified Big Sister pin. I was pretty stylin' back in the day.

She was pretty adorbs when she was little.






We've always gotten along pretty amazingly, actually.

Except for the time I made her eat caterpillars.

...or when I tied her to a bunk bed for a couple of hours while "babysitting."

...or when I used to hide under her bed until she was almost asleep then pop out and scare her.

...or that time I accidentally on purpose hosed her down in her Easter dress right before church.

But seriously. We get along.



We tend to balance each other out very well and get along better than peanut butter and jelly.
Oh, sure, there are times when I pick a little bit and she gets annoyed.


But her annoyance never lasts long.

All of a sudden we grew up and no longer abide by the Sister Rules. There isn't an older/younger role anymore. No, instead we're best friends and always there for each other.

For a laugh.

For a cry.

For a hug.

For a pint of ice cream.


She laughs at my jokes when nobody else does.

We have [almost] telepathic conversations.

I don't have nearly as much fun with anyone else.





In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.
Author Unknown

Thanks for letting me get all sentimental and share with you all! xo

Connect with Nicole:
Blog | Twitter | Pinterest


You Might Also Like

6 COMMENTS

  1. i LOVED this -- it is so beautiful & refreshing for you & your sister to be so close. i must admit, i am jealous!! i could only HOPE for a sister as lovely as one of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend!! My sister is pretty bomb dot com...and we'll totally adopt you if you wanna be an honorary sister! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So sweet. That's amazing you two have such a great relationship. I've also found me and my sister get along more and more all the time. She's my big sister and I love her. (yeah, had to get all sentimental too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Shes pretty special! :) Sisters are really the greatest - and I'm sure yours loves you so much! xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a cute post! I love that you guys are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet, I wish I had a sister and even more after this!Thanks so much for sharing and I am a new follower from the GFC Hop over at The Life of the Not So Ordinary Wife!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love