Corpus Weekend Recap

September 24, 2012


Hello friends, so glad to be writing again and what a nice surprise it was to come back to so many new followers.  If you are new here; WELCOME! If you haven't introduced yourself yet, I'd love to get to know you plus I hope that you will love this little space of mine as much as I do :) 

Now onto my weekend and how completely awesome it was? Yes.
Well as you know Eric and I took a road trip to Corpus to spend sometime with his parents and grandma. That in itself was amazing, but what I really enjoyed was sleeping in our bed again. Not that our condominium doesn't have a good bed, but there is nothing like a good night's sleep in your own bed. Am I right?  Enough talking about our bed, but really it was great. 

We woke up Friday to homemade cinnamon buns.. yumm and then spent a good part of the day at the beach, which is always relaxing. Just to warn you the Gulf waters are already starting to get a bit chilly, I couldn't stay in the water longer than 30 seconds without looking like a goose with it's feathers plucked if you know what I'm saying. Later that night we shared some great company over wine and delicious food with a perfect sunset.


Saturday was spent doing what I do best, Shopping :)  I picked up a cute over the shoulder sweater from Forever21 for $10, a boyfriend cable knit cardigan for $22 from Aeropostale, but only spent $7 after using a giftcard I had from a while back, a maxi skirt for only $5 and a pair of leopard loafers for $15 both from Target. If that isn't a great shopping day I don't know what is. Now if only the weather would start cooling off so that I could start wearing these Fall items that I keep dreaming about, but can't because it's nothing short than being too damn hot. 

Anyways, that about sums up our weekend.. great company, awesome food, and memories to last! 


On the way back to Houston I snagged this picture of Oso bay as we were leaving the island and absolutely love it!

So tell me, how was your weekend? 

I am also part of giveaways here, here, & here.
Don't forget to enter the group giveaway I have going on until 9/28.

You Might Also Like

11 COMMENTS

  1. Wow, I love that first picture. And I envy you your homemade cinnamon buns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing. The clouds are so pretty in the second picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture is amazing! :) Glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I love shopping days like that, I'm happy you had such a great time. I'm one of those new followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shopping finds! It's nice to just go home and spend time with the parents sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home made cinnamon buns - YUM! Our weekend was filled with working in the basement and taking down our chimney :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a fabulous time girl! and cinnamon buns that are home made! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No trip is ever complete with out a little shopping for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weekend sounded fantastic. I did a lot of cleaning and taking care of a sick hubby. Meh. Could have been worse, but yours sounds like a lot more fun!

    Falen
    UpwardNotInward.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures! And yesss for amazing shopping weekends. I did so well this past weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love