Voting for Change - [WIWW]

November 07, 2012



[top: Ross, shorts: Old Navy, sandals: Buckle, 
bracelet: Shabby Apple, necklace: handed down from my grandmother]

Happy Wednesday! Although, I don't have much for you today other than to say that it's November and I am in shorts and tanks still is absolutely crazy.. don't you think?  In other news.. yesterday was such an intense day for so many Americans and I for one don't involve myself in politics, but it made my heart happy to see how many of you were exercising your right to vote. This may have been my first time voting, but I believe strongly that if you don't stand for something than you will fall for anything. So having the right to vote is your voice and is something that you shouldn't take for granted when given the opportunity to be heard as an American citizen :) 


Thanks to all of you who took the time to like my status. 
It was awesome to watch the numbers rise throughout the evening.
Despite the outcome, politics seem to be the dividing line between Americans and my hope is that throughout these next 4 years we can stand together as a nation and get this country back on track.
As Ghandi would say,"We must be the change we wish to see in the world" 

[Giveaways]

You Might Also Like

18 COMMENTS

  1. We are still in shorts and tank tops in Arizona too! You're not alone! I did vote - but was very sad to see such angry comments on Facebook last night. My hope is that all Americans will pray for our future and work together to create change during the next four years!

    HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the vintage necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your post. We have to move together as a nation and things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted, last minute. but i didn't have to stand in line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i totally agree with your last statements! and yes, i voted! :)

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I cannot believe you are wearing shorts. :) Its only 45 degrees in my neck of the woods. You lucky duck!

    Katie Pea
    My Crafty Crazy Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was warm here the past few days, too!!! Crazy summer weather! I'm ready for it to be cooling down already though... And yay for voting! I love how it was the "cool" thing to do! Allll over social media and whatnot. That's pretty awesome.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping by to invite you to My Wednesday Linky party. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/11/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-linky-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute outfit girl! and cute blog :) im your newest follower via the blog hop Id love it if you checked out mine too!

    xoxo
    www.bunniesandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i voted!

    bangs are a good look for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for voting! (Seriously, seriously...thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was -6 degrees today up here in Canadia... jealous you guys all get to look so cute, while I'm freezing my toes off! I'm your newest follower via Blog Hop. I'm over at Awkward Panda Musings if you want to stop by :) Keep up the good blogging.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I love when people vote!

    It is still hot here in Florida...everyone is in shorts, shirts, and sandals. I hope it gets a little cool at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so jealous you are in shorts and a tank top! I've had to wear my winter coat all week.I also voted for the first time this year! :)

    I love your bangs! You've probably had them for a while now but I took a break from blogging. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, we are not in shorts and tanks here in N.E. Louisiana right now but it's not all that cold either.

    I definitely voted!

    Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a difference between what you wear right now and how bundled up i am here in PA ;) Wish I could throw on some shorts and a tank as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Doesn't it just make you so proud to be an American when you get out and vote? Such a great feeling :) Just wanted to thank you for linking up with the GFC Collective this week. Hope it was successful for you and I hope to see you back next week :)
    Bre @ Peacoats and Plaid

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love