Crockpot Chicken & Rice [Recipe]

January 22, 2013


For the new year one of my resolutions for this blog was to share more recipes and that is exactly what I am going to do today.  During our time in Houston I learned to cook more than just Macaroni and Cheese, in fact I have become a great cook thanks to pinterest and crockpot girls, although you could probably of guessed from this post that crock-pot dinners are my favorite. I have made this dinner multiple times and each time it is just as delicious and filling as the time before. Honestly, this recipe is probably the easiest and most delicious of all the crock pot recipes I have made! For your convenience I have provided a printable of this recipe in case you love it so much you want to add it to your recipe collection. :)

This recipe is adapted from Stick a Fork In It 
[Servings-4]

4 Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins/Breasts ( or as many as you want)
1 package Cream Cheese (8 oz, let sit out to soften)
2 cans of cream of chicken
1 package italian dressing seasoning (dried packet)
Rice of choice (I served over white rice)


First, I spray some pam in my crock pot to help prevent the sauce from sticking as badly and wipe off all the access oil if need be. Next add the cream cheese, cream of chicken, and seasoning together in the crock pot (usually I reduce the amount of seasoning I put in it because italian dressing is a bit overpowering and salty) and stir it altogether. I actually start it on low and let all the ingredients sit in there for about 20 minutes so the cream cheese is softer to stir and then put the frozen chicken in and cover with the sauce so it’s submerged. Cook on high 4-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked and fall-apart-tender. You’ll want to stir often because the sauce tends to stick to the side of the crock pot. After a few hours you’ll find that the chicken is easier to pull apart and I just use my mixing spoon to do that instead of taking it out and shredding it. I usually just let it cook for about 4-5 hours or until I know that the chicken is cooked and serve it over rice. 

Enjoy!



You Might Also Like

5 COMMENTS

  1. I will have to try this, I love new recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this all the time and I call it my Crackpot Chicken haha. Except I use ranch seasoning instead of Italian. SO good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love easy meal ideas :) I've pinned this to try and I'd like to invite you to link up to my All My Bloggy Friends party - it starts on Tuesday mornings at 7 am Eastern time and goes until Saturday night! Feel free to share this post and/or any others you would like to share! :) I hope to see you there!

    http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2013/08/all-my-bloggy-friends-58.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love