Finding Motivation

January 06, 2013


Beginning at an early age, working out was always something that I was extremely passionate about. I was that child who participated in little olympics all throughout elementary and who ran track and cross country up until I graduated high school. Running was my escape and I enjoyed knowing that I was doing something good for my body while at the same time doing something that I thoroughly loved. It was a way of life for a good part of my life with plenty of early morning runs, weekend track meets, and grueling cross country courses, but it was rewarding in so many ways. 

2006 -3rd Place State Cross Country Team
I am the only other person facing the camera on the red team with my arms crossed.
I seriously have so many memories from a part of my life that used to be who I was. I was an avid runner getting through high school from the help of my team mates and making memories to last. I spent many of weekends freezing my butt off and running in the rain, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. However, after high school I slowly stopped running not because I didn't enjoy it anymore, but because life got the best of me with starting college and moving half way across the state of Texas.  I missed it and have been for the better part of 3 years, but I can now say that I have found the motivation to get back to doing what I love and getting fit while doing it. I will also be doing a lot of exercises to help tone my body because lets face it sitting around doing nothing for 3 years has my thighs looking less than toned :)

Come February 2, I will be running the Color Me Rad 5K race with one of my favorite gals who happens to be my Maid of Honor and who also was a runner back in high school so that gives me even more motivation to get my butt back in shape. I have so many incentives including getting myself in shape for our wedding, but I am seriously so excited about getting back to my healthy way of living.

Loving my pink ensemble of a running outfit :)
I hope that from this post you will find some motivation to live a healthy lifestyle. I am only on day 2 of working out if you don't count the few days before we did a lot of holiday traveling, but I already feel great. You may have noticed I didn't mention anything about eating healthy in this post but it's due to the fact that I have always been a relatively healthy-ish eater and I am not looking to lose weight, so the food part is not my main focus. However, I do know that a healthy diet is an important aspect to being fit which is why I completely eliminated soda from my diet almost 7 years ago and had salmon for dinner, so don't get me wrong that working out is solely the key to being fit because it's not :)

If you'd like, find me on Fitness Pal: breanna6218
or follow me on instagram to follow my journey to getting fit.
Username: xobreannaxo

You Might Also Like

9 COMMENTS

  1. I need some of your motivation. I go to the gym everyday and then get bored and leave! Good luck with your run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing your old XC picture! I ran Cross Country in high school too and it is such an adjustment to go from having motivation from teammates to finding motivation within yourself. Your race in February sounds like it will be a fun one with your Maid of Honor! :)

    Best wishes on your fitness journey!
    XO
    Amanda @ Faith Love Strength

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also from Texas (Houston) I ran track in high school - but I stopped after graduation. I've prepped myself to get back into it - I just haven't. I'm scared to death that I wont make it three houses before I collapse (haha). I also agree that food is important I believe as long as your burn what you put in you should be fine. Not loading with cookies, sodas, ice cream.. but eating fruits, veggies & water are important. Congrats on your engagement! Look forward to following you through this!! <3, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool a 5k I wish running was something i liked but sadly it is not walking is fun though. good luck and i'll be cheering you on

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You're from Ballinger? What a small world...I'm only from about two hours away! We would drive through Ballinger every year going to San Antonio/Houston/Austin for livestock shows! Too funny! :)

    http://wonderwhatsnextblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck! I ran in high school (well, sprinted the 100) but I hate running now. Probably because I'm a sprinter and anything longer then the 100 makes me feel like I'm going to die ... not so good at pacing myself :)
    I'll have to find you on fitnesspal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something abt running just releases so much stress and emotion. I only wish I would have figured it out sooner. Looking forward to following along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your running outfit is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.

    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html

    Also,My daughter, Kisha, also is taking over Fill In the Blank Fridays. The person doing it has decided she can't do it anymore so Kisha is now doing it. Her first one is today. Would love for you to join us there also. It's a fun one. Her blog ishttp://www.kjaggers.com/2013...

    You can also go to her page and at the to sign up for a reminder on both of these each week

    . Again, Welcome, have a wonderful evening. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love