Fitness Journey

June 19, 2013


I have found over the last few weeks that getting toned is no joke and it actually requires a lot of hard work.  I know what your thinking, but having a high metabolism has done wonders for me over the past few years and has made me somewhat oblivious to all the hard work that people actually put into transforming themselves. Seriously I am inspired by people's fitness stories and admire all their hard work and dedication so much that it definitely gives me that little boost to better myself. In high school I was actively involved in cross country and track which allowed for me to keep fit and toned without having to put much effort into it and by that I mean that the lifestyle was effortless. I worked out hard by lifting weights and running anywhere between 3 to 5 miles a day and always left school feeling invigorated and self accomplished. After graduation that lifestyle diminished and I've made attempts throughout the years to revive it, but my motivational level has been at an all time low + the idea of working out by myself is just not appealing.


I think it's safe to say that after all these years I have finally found the motivation to get my butt in gear.  With the help of a few of my co-workers, I've been going to the gym a few days out of the week as well as doing my best to get in a late afternoon run to get in that cardio.  Although, the clean eating isn't going as well as I'd like since I live with my in laws and don't buy my own groceries, but all in all I have seen some slight progress in my body definition. On a side note, I had blood work done last week and it got me thinking about my overall health and how I should be keeping active to prevent future health problems. Earlier today, I got the results back and am thankful to have a clean bill of health and intend to keep it that way by continuing my workout routine.


Workout Routine

// Weight lifting [few days out of the week]
Targeting: Arms, Shoulders, Abs, Legs, Glutes
// Running [Evenings]
Distance: 1-2 miles
// Tone It Up Beach Babe workout exercise
// Anything on pinterest that I find to be suitable for the days targeting area
_____________________________________________________________________

If you need some workout motivation, you should check out my good friend Kelsey!
She is an amazing inspiration for cleaning eating and getting fit :) 

What are your favorite workouts?


You Might Also Like

11 COMMENTS

  1. I don't really go to the gym that much. I run 3 or 4 days a week. And if I am going to the gym I'm going to the gym in our apartment office to run barefoot for a mile or 2. I want and need to get back into crossfit here soon. You look great though and will definitely have no problem getting a toned body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My #1 favorite workout is biking. I love how far you can go in a short time--and the feeling of it is awesome. But mixing things up is good, so, speaking exercise, I think I"m going to go jump rope now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Blogilates workout videos :) the girl who does them is just so peppy that she really inspires me!
    running is also great- best way to clear my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching people become motivated to be healthy! It motivates me as well. I'm a slow turtle when it comes to being healthy but I will get there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! It's hard work. I work out not because I need to lose weight but just because I want to be healthy. That should be motivation enough! Good job on working on your overall health. I'm on my 3rd day of 30 days shred. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome girl! Its veryyyy hard to stay on track! At least it is for me. I've been able to focus on it more now that school is out, but I tend to get frustrated with myself when I don't see results quick enough.

    I love almond milk! <3 And for my workouts I've been doing Zumba! I have fallen in love with it. :) I try to go do it 3x a week, and then I go to the gym, do pilates, or on rare occasion, insanity.

    Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I always think the initial motivation is the hardest part but they say that it takes 21 days to create a habit. I joined a gym last May and I've been going 3-4 times per week ever since! I can't imagine my life without the classes I take at my gym. For workouts, I really like to lift weights. I also do bootcamp at my gym which is an amazing workout. It's a lot of running but also a lot of HIIT workouts and tabatas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! She looks great. I have been researching clean eating and I think i'm going to give it a shot!

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl / Enerjiee

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC follower from the “Wildcard Wednesday” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girlfriend that is AWESOME! I am very impressed! I have a hard time working out on my own, but I'm totally dedicated to classes. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!

Blog Love